Skip to content

[SoD] Stuck in dialogue loop with M'Khiin

Goat_Boy11Goat_Boy11 Member Posts: 8
Hi everyone,

I'm currently in Avernus/Hell at the start of Chapter 12 in Siege of Dragonspear (playing a heavily modded EET). I just confronted Caelar on the broken bridge and she escaped. All of a sudden M'Khiin initializes dialogue commenting on her equipment, that a spirit is appearing and that she wants to talk to it. Only issue is that nothing happens so she restarts the conversation over and over again causing the game to be stuck in a loop.

After doing some research I believe this dialogue should trigger when you find the shaman robe and staff in a pile of rubble a couple of chapters back, this being part of her quest.

I tried reloading the game and my previous saves are quite a ways back, I don't mind playing through the section again but wouldn't want to encounter this bug a second time.

I know the fault is on me for playing a heavily modded game but is there a code I could use to advance the quest so that the dialogue shouldn't trigger again? I'd be happy to hear any other solutions :)

Thank you in advance for the help!

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    I don't know the exact details because I don't have SoD, but this is a variant of the infamous stutter bug. You're at a trigger which wants M'Khiin to say something, but her variables are set wrong so she says a different thing instead. And because she's not saying the right thing, the dialogue doesn't update her variables to the "yep, that trigger's done" state and it just happens again.
    Mods may or may not be involved.

It should be fairly easy to track down exactly what's wrong, for someone who has the game and knows how to look through the scripts and dialogue files. Once you do that, setting a variable or two should clear it up - which is possible either through editing the save or a debug console command. I just can't help with that part myself.

Going back to an older save is unlikely to help, unless it's far enough back to be before this dialogue is supposed to happen. The variables have been sitting in their wrong state for some time, and it's just the matter of her speaking up that exposed them.
  • Goat_Boy11Goat_Boy11 Member Posts: 8
    Thank you for the reply! Surprisingly enough loading an older save did work, but still I appreciate you trying to figure it out.