Skip to content

Any better section/sites to ask script related questions?

sunxresunxre Member Posts: 23
This section.. speaking honestly... looks dead.
It doesn't really seem toreceive daily attention.

So, if anyone knows a more active NWN script section or forum. I would appreciate it.

Another question on top if this 1. For my other post. Is there a better way for me to title it/write the body that would attract more attention?

Comments

• DazDaz Member Posts: 125
    The Neverwinter Vault discord is pretty active: https://neverwintervault.org/chat
  • sunxresunxre Member Posts: 23
    Daz wrote: »
    The Neverwinter Vault discord is pretty active: https://neverwintervault.org/chat

Thanks. Giving it a go
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    The Vault scripting forum is focussed and well-supported.
    Wish I could 👍 you guys. I am trying the Discord server Rn. I have tried making a Vault account like a year back. But it just wouldn't let me
    If you PM me with details of the message you get when trying to make a Vault account, I'll get the Admins to fix it.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    I don't know. There are those of us that still check here pretty much daily. Did you ask a question first to check response time? Most peoples questions usually get attention within a day. If not hours.
    I don't know. There are those of us that still check here pretty much daily. Did you ask a question first to check response time? Most peoples questions usually get attention within a day. If not hours.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/84168/suck-at-scripting-edit-stack-overflow-fixed-cant-hurt-targets-cant-fund-door-div-by-0-error#latest
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    sunxre wrote: »
    Another question on top if this 1. For my other post. Is there a better way for me to title it/write the body that would attract more attention?

Maybe just my own opinion but it might be better to have one specific question per post and then can update that one question to "solved" or what not as you go. Looking through others' code, especially a lot of it and snippets of it, can be a bit daunting. Looking over your linked topic above, you did get a response same day. It looks like you solved your stack overflow. You also posted "Comment not necessary. Figured out how to edit OP ". Unclear as to what issues you are still having with it but I can ask over there.
    True, not everyone here will take time to read a wall of code with multiple issues. Better to narrow it down to a few lines first. SendMessageToPC(), for example, is a handy method of inserting debug code to check what's going on.
    Sorry for no responses guys. Basically been working through the issues on the Discord, and forgot to check this.

To prolific. I usually do use sendmessagetopc, or speakstring for debugging, etc.

And I do agree it's easier to digest less. But sadly, my script is a massive AI script, with multiple different interweaving systems that could be causing the bugs. So i have to share all relevant parts, or there's missing information

Now. This could go as my huge inexperience and skill at scripting. But it is how it was made.

To wights. It's true I got a same day reply. But the replies admitted to just reading the topics title, and giving a token (title says you suck aye. Must mean I should just slap the beginners guide and call it a day) post....

Guy claimed to "know how to code". But didnt even bother reading the question.

The post is awful though lol. I'm really bad at making them. I guess I thought putting multiple issues in 1 post would be more courteous, than clogging up the board with many singular posts for each individual issue(i have LOADS more. Because what I'm doing is at the limits, or even far out of my league).