Skip to content

Some bugfixing is needed

ChaoxChaox Member Posts: 11
edited March 2022 in Troubleshooting
I am currently having problems with some bugs on android:
1. Map Background: It always turns itself off on the map, even though I turned on the option in the gameplay menu. The only time it is there is when I first arrive at a location, or the start of a new game.
2. Rasaad's encounter at trademeet: the cutscene where Rasaad has a fall out with his fellow monks didn't happen. Instead, when I arrived in trademeet, he was standing outside of the mayor's house and initiated conversation with me.
3. Sometimes the game freeze as I try to load a save game

Here are the other datas:
2. Game version: 2.6.6.10
3. Device: Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro, a rather old model
4. Mods: Tweaks Anthology (Mostly cosmetic changes and multiple romances allowed), Imoen Romance (don't judge me :wink: )

I don't really know how to attach my savefile here, so I'd appreciate it if you show me how.
Post edited by Chaox on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Well, #2 makes a certain amount of "sense". The initial Rasaad cutscene requires the HasDLC("Rasaad") condition, while the follow-up where he appears and becomes recruitable doesn't. So, then, we can diagnose the problem: the game thinks you don't have the Rasaad DLC.

This will probably also make it impossible to recruit him from the Fate Spirit in ToB; that has the same HasDLC condition.

Instructions for attaching a save are here. The key takeaways:
    - Saves in this game are a folder containing several files, not just one file.
    - You need to compress (zip) that folder in order to attach it. The forum will not accept files of the types used for the save's components.
  • ChaoxChaox Member Posts: 11
    Thanks a lot for the help :blush:
    edited April 2022
    Here is the save file. I would appreciate it if you can see why my archer/cleric dual isn't getting any HLAs
    Post edited by Chaox on
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    edited April 2022
    Oh, that's simple. You're not getting HLAs yet with that character because she doesn't have enough levels yet.

To get high-level abilities as a dual-class character, you need enough levels/XP for high-level abilities as if you were your current class alone. That Ranger-Cleric dual needs 22 levels as a cleric to start getting cleric high-level abilities, no matter how many levels she had as a ranger.

Verdict: Working as intended. Not a bug.
    Thanks a lot for the help! Do you happen to know anything about map background auto turning itself off?
    I love having map background to be on all time, but it kept turning itself off, despite having the option remains enabled on the option menu.

I've read somewhere that the option is intended to turn itself off on older devices to prevent crash. But mine isn't that old, and it doesn't crash either. So what can I do?