Skip to content

Class help for multiplayer

GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
Hello all,

As I count down the days to release :), I've finally convinced my fiance to join me. Since I haven't played the game in almost ten years, I have a few questions to ask but first the details.

I will be playing as a Paladin (probably Cavalier).
I want to have Jaheira, Imoen and Minsc in my party.
My fiance will most likely want to be a Cleric.

If she were to multi as a fighter/cleric, would she still gain enough clerical spells to be our main healer?
How does the fighter/cleric affect what weapons she will be able to use? Will she be limited to cleric weapons?

Who would you suggest be our mage? Or should I just wait to multi Imoen (if so, when should I do that)?
Post edited by GoForTheEyesBoo on

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yeah, fighter clerics still get loads of healing.
    She will be limited to cleric weapons.
    You should be the mage - it's much easier to play fighter style characters with high hitpoints on the first playthrough.
  • orosiusorosius Member Posts: 45
    If she wanted to be fighter cleric why take Jaheria...sub jaheria out for a thief because u will only need one healer.

If you multi, im not sure if she will have enough spells to be a main healer but weapon proficiencies will only go up to 2 but with any choice in which weapon. Only straight or dual fighters will have 5 proficiencies.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    Thanks for your help, though I am a bit confused as both your posts contradict each other. Any one else have any thoughts?
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited November 2012
    Cleric/Ranger is pretty fun and powerful; with points to be spent into missile/blunt; slings/flail-mace. As for dual-classing Imoen, level 6 seems fair enough.
  • orosiusorosius Member Posts: 45
    Yea I did have contradicting thoughts.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Cleric/anything is limited to cleric weapon choices.
    orosius said:

Yea I did have contradicting thoughts.

Oh sorry, I meant that you and ajwz had contradicting posts. No offence I was just confused.

Regardless thanks for the help. :)

Now I have a follow up question, is there a point is having a fighter/cleric versus a straight up cleric?

• TuckerTucker Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2012
    i think for the thac0 rating fighters gain on level so your more likely to hit.
    im pretty sure you can only use cleric based weapons as a multi so that should resolve the contradicting posts.
    i don't normally play multi-class players because i have a thing about wanting to level up all the time and i can never wait haha i really do think dual class is the way to go but im not as knowledgeable as alot of other people so its very likely i could be wrong.
    i guess the easiest way you can find out the usefullness of a character is to make one in bg2 if you own the game asses it your self how many heals the character has the thac0 rating think of the character as maybe 2 levels higher than you will be playing at because you wont max level until the end.
    i do find clerics like mages get to a point where there no longer getting better so a multi class could be the way forward especially with fighter even if in the long term your thinking of the amount of abilities your character can pick up in tob.
    hope this has given you some guidance but again there is people who know allot more than me on this forum.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    thac0, APR, are good reasons