Skip to content

Bard and IWDification

RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
Hello to everybody and particularly to Bard's lovers ...
I discovered recently that it is possible to add IWD songs to BGEE with the IWDification mod.
I have a couple of questions :
- Is it possible to install this mod after tweaks and scs (I will just use the Bard song option) because there are some overlap between the two mods ?
- What happens to the bard's song after the last IWD level (level 11) ? Does the bard still receive song +2 luck at level 15 and +3 at level 21 ?

Thanks a lot !
Post edited by Rigel on

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 876
    Rigel wrote: »
    - What happens to the bard's song after the last IWD level (level 11) ? Does the bard still receive song +2 luck at level 15 and +3 at level 21 ?

IWDification replaces the (vanilla) bard's song entirely. So there is no standard song to receive the additional luck benefits.
    After level 11 the HLA improved bard song is the next improvement. Thankfully, it does not "replace" any of the bard's songs, but becomes an additional option.
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    Thanks - so you would advise using it? Is it gloablly better than the Luck +1 +2 +3 songs?
    You have much more versatility with the IWD songs and you get access to all of the songs by level 11 (including "Tymora's Melody" at level 5, which grants +1 luck, +3 to saving throws, and +10 to thief skills and lore).

In contrast, with the standard bard song, you have to wait until level 15 before the additional point of luck.

So overall, given the range of options with the IWD version, and the earlier access to the songs, I'd go with the IWD one. It's also more interesting for play, given the different song effects.
    (BTW you probably would've received a quicker answer to your question if you had posted in one of the Mods forums.)
    Rigel wrote: »
    - Is it possible to install this mod after tweaks and scs (I will just use the Bard song option) because there are some overlap between the two mods ?

I overlooked this question. You should install IWDification before SCS (and probably Tweaks as well). At least that's the advice that those mods give. I generally install SCS last (and Tweaks just before it).
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    Thank you very much for all the answers @Thrasymachus !