Skip to content

Need help with: Rasaad, the Two-Fold Trust, and his ending (possible spoilers)

Goal: Rasaad's best ending, while keeping him in the party.

So on my current playthrough I want to spend more time with Rasaad in the party. Went ahead to the cult stronghold as soon as it became available. While trying to figure out how to handle that quest though I stumbled upon a few mentions of how this quest would influence Rasaad's ending.

Apparently the *best* ending requires him to actually
"convert" to the Two-Fold trust. Him taking charge of it supposedly isn't necessary (but will help) and a lot of it depends on how supportive Charname has been of the "heresy", and how much they steered Rasaad toward it basically.

Now my problem. Somehow I always thought that
him staying true to his order would be best. Exposing Alorgoth should redeem him in their eyes, right?
Apparently not. But I've always done it this way, including this playthrough, and I committed the cardinal sin of not keeping savegames at these kinds of strategic locations.

I'm definitely not averse to some editing, and I assume the outcome of this questline is recorded in the GlobalVariables like any other, likely including the variables that lead Rasaad to one ending or the other. For instance, I found OHR_RASAAD_TFT and of course there's OHR_PLOT, but does anyone know what values they need to be, or what others should be add/changed?

Otherwise, as I mentioned, replaying the full questline isn't really possible anymore, but I do have a save from just after I crossed the bridge. In this save the monks
fighting the animals
have been dealt with peacefully and the monk guarding the bridge is the only violence I committed thusfar, everything else is untouched.

Is this salvagable? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    If Rasaad joins the Twofold, he's gone for the rest of SoA. At that point, you can only bring him back with the Fate Spirit.
    The choice of whether he'll leave isn't substantially connected to his actions earlier in the quest; it's all about the dialogue after the big battle. Talk about doubt, and the option will be open.

Rasaad has three epilogues.
    First, there's the Sun Soul epilogue. If he never joined the Twofold, he tries to go back to the Sun Soul in his epilogue, and gets rejected. They kill him.
    Second, there's the Twofold epilogue. If he joined them, then he goes back to them in his epilogue, and lives out a full quiet life.
    Third, there's the romance epilogue. If he's in a committed romance and the player chooses mortality, it doesn't matter whether he joined the Twofold. He goes and lives with his wife and has lots of kids ... until Sharran assassins sneak in and kill both of them.

The logic for this is in the area script for the Throne, where the final battle takes place. For Rasaad, it checks only RasaadRomanceActive, PlayerChoseEssence, and ohr_tft_outcome. That latter variable is set to 1 or 2 if you convince Rasaad to stay with you at the end of his SoA quest, or remains at zero if you let him go. If you recruit him from the Fate Spirit without ever doing his SoA quest, the variable is zero and it's assumed he dealt with the cult offscreen.

The wild card here ... what happens if you just never finish Rasaad's quest? In that case, ohr_tft_outcome doesn't get set ... which is the same as if he leaves the party at that point. You can keep him with you the whole way and get his "best" epilogue at the same time, for the low cost of not actually resolving the issue.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    jmerry wrote: »
    The logic for this is in the area script for the Throne, where the final battle takes place. For Rasaad, it checks only RasaadRomanceActive, PlayerChoseEssence, and ohr_tft_outcome. That latter variable is set to 1 or 2 if you convince Rasaad to stay with you at the end of his SoA quest, or remains at zero if you let him go. If you recruit him from the Fate Spirit without ever doing his SoA quest, the variable is zero and it's assumed he dealt with the cult offscreen.

The wild card here ... what happens if you just never finish Rasaad's quest? In that case, ohr_tft_outcome doesn't get set ... which is the same as if he leaves the party at that point. You can keep him with you the whole way and get his "best" epilogue at the same time, for the low cost of not actually resolving the issue.

Thanks! My googling did tell me it's possible to get both his best ending *and* keep him with you...

If I'm reading you right, the easiest way to do it at this point would be to keep Rasaad, and either set OHR_TFT_OUTCOME to 0, or delete the variable altogether?

(Offtopic: that romance epilogue seems just incredibly dissapointing... Might just make me skip my planned Rasaad romance playthrough :/ )