Skip to content

Where to find the dark moon monk's spell.ids names for using in scripts?

MugenMugen Member Posts: 15
Hello, so there is no dark moon monk's innate spells in SPELL.IDS file (also no sun soul monk's flaming fists), and the similar wizard spell ids dont work in Spell() activator for monk. Can anybody help please whats the problem here?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    They're not in SPELL.IDS at all, so you can't use that version of the script action.

However, there is also the SpellRes() script action. It does the exact same thing, but takes a resource identifier (i.e. SPDM101) as an argument instead of a symbolic name. Just watch out; the SpellRes() version puts the spell argument first and the target second, instead of the other way around as in Spell(). All of the spell activators have two variants this way.
  • MugenMugen Member Posts: 15
    jmerry wrote: »
    They're not in SPELL.IDS at all, so you can't use that version of the script action.

However, there is also the SpellRes() script action. It does the exact same thing, but takes a resource identifier (i.e. SPDM101) as an argument instead of a symbolic name. Just watch out; the SpellRes() version puts the spell argument first and the target second, instead of the other way around as in Spell(). All of the spell activators have two variants this way.

thanks, works like a charm, may I ask one more thing please, how to make a char keep attacking until round is over and use his ability in new round's beginning, without just standing and waiting for ability to activate?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    Either you track an "aura" timer after activating an ability and condition your activations on that, or you use things like the "AttackOneRound" action. These only really work in a fully automated script, though. Scripts for player-controlled creatures that allow input don't have a good answer to this, because abilities you use on command won't set the timer and won't come with actions afterward.
  • MugenMugen Member Posts: 15
    jmerry wrote: »
    Either you track an "aura" timer after activating an ability and condition your activations on that, or you use things like the "AttackOneRound" action. These only really work in a fully automated script, though. Scripts for player-controlled creatures that allow input don't have a good answer to this, because abilities you use on command won't set the timer and won't come with actions afterward.

thanks, I googled GlobalTimerNotExpired and SetGlobalTimer, it works good for my hotkeys script, although I hoped all characters will cast simultaneously after button pressed but in combat they do it at different times or dont do at all, only after second-third pressing, well still it soo much better than pressing abilities manually