Skip to content

Local variables go insane values after exporting character...

MugenMugen Member Posts: 15
Hello, my script uses two local variables, first sets global timer to one round time, and second is boolean for switching modes. After exporting and checking the file in EEkeper this variables have huge values like 734849 etc which brakes the timer completely. I can workaround this setting them to 0 manually after export, but I would like to know a better solution please. Also I dont know if it matters but I use hotkeys in my script and mash them frequently, maybe this brakes things at some point? But still everything works fine until reimporing...

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    Timers are saved based on the current world time, and since exporting + importing resets world time (because you're entering a new game), they break. Beamdog hardcoded resets into the engine for their advanced AI scripts, but you can do something similar to what kjeron notes here.
  • MugenMugen Member Posts: 15
    Bubb wrote: »
    Timers are saved based on the current world time, and since exporting + importing resets world time (because you're entering a new game), they break. Beamdog hardcoded resets into the engine for their advanced AI scripts, but you can do something similar to what kjeron notes here.

thanks