Skip to content

Item Building

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
I'm wondering if there's anything that I can do on my end to "unlock" some of the item building features in the toolset that seem to be readily available with "forge" scripting. For example, I'm not finding it possible to make a scroll cast a spell multiple times, using the toolset. I realize that there are work arounds for this example, such as using a gem, but I've seen scripting make this example possible, too. The EE version looks, too, as if it's made the making of more powerful items possible. I'm fine with the default settings, but I'm curious how this is possible? Can the toolset be used for these purposes? For the example above, am I overlooking anything in the toolset to make casting multiple spells from a scroll possible?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    I can't remember whether scrolls are special, but in general when you add a spell property to an item, the toolset lets you edit the property detail to specify things like unlimited use or number of uses.
  • KamirynKamiryn Member Posts: 74
    It can be done easily through scripting. Using the toolset however the only CastSpell property you can add to scrolls is Single Use.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    Thank you both for the replies. So, on my end, there really isn't anything that I can do on my end to "update" or "unlock" more advanced item building within the toolset? Learning how to script and code would be my only option?
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Or asking if someone wants to do the scripting for you… There are a few people that hang around here and love the challenge of scripting things.