Skip to content

A Hunt through the Dark XP

nedlbinnedlbin Member Posts: 3
Hey guys,

I am Markus "Wayne" Schlegel, the author of the award winning drow series A Hunt through the Dark for Neverwinternights.

I just found that after all those years Neverwinternights has been remastered and converted to new platforms. Just played in on my tablet and it feels fantastic.

So if there is anybody here who wants to play a sixteen-year-old drow story, feel free to check it out at

https://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter/mods/823/?

b5injmqei366.jpgm7uu81htaaep.jpg

The download file ist updated for NWN EE. Just copy the files to the proper locations in your Neverwinternights directory.

Comments

• ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    I can't advance beyond the opening. I click the portal after character creation and nothing happens. Bummer...
  • nedlbinnedlbin Member Posts: 3
    The portation to NWN.EE didn't work for the module transitions.

There are two simple workarounds:

A) If you have the steam version simply isntall the steam workshop version if ATHD and everything will work properly. (The files in the override directory will do all the magic)

B) Another way would be to export the character and start the modules (chapters) manually beginning with chapter 1.

Greetings Wayne
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    Thanks for the help. Been wanting to play this mod!
  • mmatmmat Member Posts: 18
    nedlbin wrote: »
    The portation to NWN.EE didn't work for the module transitions.

I just tested this with the XP version from the NWN-Vault. It works perfectly. I wonder what's happened to the "portation". Maybe just a spelling mistake?

I can't have a look on the latest version, since nexusmods won't allow downloads without login.
  • nedlbinnedlbin Member Posts: 3
    You can get it at steam workshop. Maybe you're right. Had a nice contact at Beamdog and they promised to look into it when they find time.

Cheers
  • mmatmmat Member Posts: 18
    Sorry, I guess steam workshop is pretty much the same: No download for non-members. Why didn't you publish it at the Neverwinter Vault? Since AHTTD is one of my alltime favourites, I would have a look into it for sure.