Skip to content

Unreliable Saves

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
edited August 2022 in Technical Support
I've had NWNEE installed on my computer with different folder locations multiple times. Most recently, however, I've had issues with unreliable saves. By this, I mean that content from them is missing or said to be corrupt. With the same saves, I've been able to (eventually) reload or restart NWNEE to resolve the issues.

This has happened with multiple modules, found in a variety of locations or tabs. Saves within the Original Campaign's Prelude, for instance, couldn't find the Prelude. Content has been missing from saves of modules found in the Community tab. Saves from modules within the Local tab are said to, possibly, be corrupt and wouldn't load. Again, reloading or restarting NWNEE has eventually resolved the issues in every case, but I'm left wondering: What's going on?

I've purchased NWNEE through Beamdog and through Steam and have typically installed through Steam. As I did for this latest attempt. By default, NWNEE had the Neverwinter Nights folder linked to OneDrive. That was the smallest possible Drive to locate the folder in and I was having OneDrive sync problems. The folder was also located in my C Drive/Documents, but OneDrive had started randomly deleting and moving files from my computer. I've since added the folder on my D Drive, shut down OneDrive, and have all of the nwn.ini files set to path there. I've also installed and started using NIT.

I'm wondering if I've done something seriously wrong with this installation. The main files are located within the Steam folder on my D drive, where I've had it installed multiple occasions. Is there anything that I can do?

Edit: I haven't tried a clean install since I shut OneDrive down. I'm going to try that now. OneDrive hadn't installed itself or started deleting and moving things around with my previous installations.

Comments

• JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I have OneDrive completely shut down (hopefully). Is there any way to do a clean NWNEE install and have it create the nwn.ini to the correct folder, please? NWNEE is still connecting itself to OneDrive. Is this avoidable?