Skip to content

BG EE Worldmap : Give unnamed wilderness areas a name

NarrowmindedNarrowminded Member Posts: 5
edited August 2022 in BG:EE Mods
Hello I have searched on this forum and on internet how to update the worldmap for BG EE only or BG EE +SOD.
I have tried to install the EET mod and the worldmap on EET worked perfectly, the world map was recoloured and all zones had names.
I found that the mod called BP-BGT Worldmap which is a component of EET is supposed to work for BG EE/BG EE+SOD. Unfortunately when I install this mod the worldmap is super zoomed in and the text is out of place, it is happening whether I choose the large Worldmap 4900*3500 option or Huge Worldmap 8000*4600 option.

I tried to install the mod manually with Weidu and also tried to install it automatically with Roxanne's EE mod install.

For space disk reasons I want to be able to use an updated worldmap without having to install EET.

I'd like the worldmap to look like this image posted by the user "wavingbug" on this forum or like Miloch's Sword Coast Map Labels mod released around 2010 for BG1 (non enhanced edition) OR to look like BG 1 original paper scroll worldmap but with wilderness areas named ! :
spm3703t7f1k.gif
Post edited by Narrowminded on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    I've been thinking about something like this - updating the BGEE worldmap to name the areas. It wouldn't look quite like that, of course - I'd use the existing graphics rather than anything new. And some of the names might be different.

If I get around to that, I'll make it a component in my tweak mod.
  • NarrowmindedNarrowminded Member Posts: 5
    Woaw that’s awesome jmerry ! For sure I’ll wait for this. What is the name of your tweak ? So I can follow its progression.