Skip to content

Inventory cursor's item pick-up behavior in Desktop version. Vanilla vs EE.

I think that vanilla behavior is way better: when you click an item in inventory, mouse cursor (hand) vanishes and gets replaced by an enlarged item sprite, that you picked up.

Can this be reimplemented in Desktop version of Enhanced Edition (both BG:EE & BG2:EE)?
Patch 2.6 can be a great opportunity to introduce this feature.

PS: if anyone haven't seen how it works in vanilla, you can see it on this video (on 3:17):

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yes I love this feature, too. It makes items feel more 'solid' and 'real'.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    This needs a LOT of new art on the EEs. The bigger sized icons - the ones vanilia only used in this - are the EE standard artwork icons.
  • ArchmageArchmage Member Posts: 32
    edited September 2022
    This needs a LOT of new art on the EEs. The bigger sized icons - the ones vanilia only used in this - are the EE standard artwork icons.

If the problem are the low-res assets, they can be batch-upscaled.
    There are oldschool tools like imagemagick, or new fancy AI-based tools, which i will not mention, because moderators might not like advertising (they are easy to google, just type "AI program to scale pictures").

As far as I know, they upscale images in batch (you don't have to upscale every image by hand).

PS: as an example, GTA Trilogy remake heavily uses AI-upscaled textures (all of the textures were batch-upscaled by AI, no hand work).

EDIT: Just wanted to mention ESRGAN upscaler open-source project.
    It was used in "Morrowind Enhanced Textures" mod, which upscales ALL Morrowind textures (from 4x to 16x of original resolution). Check the screenshots on Nexusmods to see what can done with ESRGAN - result is gorgeous.
    Post edited by Archmage on