Skip to content

Streamlabs OBS broke BG:EE sounds?

victor666victor666 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in Troubleshooting
My girlfriend wanted to stream our gaming session to twitch and after much trouble trying to make OBS function with BG:EE we suddenly discovered that she had no sound.
We've tried everything we have come across, we have made sure that her audio device settings are what they should be, and of course we've tried to use the OpenAL installer from the game files, tried reinstalling the game, but nothing seems to work.

We have been trying to figure this out for hours, please help.

Comments

• MorslyteMorslyte Member Posts: 1
    PLX HELP D:
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Only BGEE is affected or other programs as well?

Although I don't see any controls exposed which would allow the game to offload the audio to a separate device instead of what the OS offers as default. I woulda attempt a graphic renderer change and back and/or backing up and then deleting baldur.lua to do a hard reset on the game.
  • victor666victor666 Member Posts: 2
    Only BGEE is affected or other programs as well?

Although I don't see any controls exposed which would allow the game to offload the audio to a separate device instead of what the OS offers as default. I woulda attempt a graphic renderer change and back and/or backing up and then deleting baldur.lua to do a hard reset on the game.

It doesn't seem to affect anything other than BGEE. And now even without streamlabs open or anything else for that matter, BGEE has no audio.

We tried reinstalling the game entirely with no luck of fixing the issue.. you still think that your suggestion will work though?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    IIRC uninstallers doesn't delete/clean the user folder so if something went wrong in baldur.lua, a reinstall will not affect it. A problem could be Steam and GoG Cloud though, they restore the file to the state it was when the game was last closed as part of their pre-launch operations, voiding all changes made inbetween. You can bypass that via launching the game directly.