Skip to content

Hidden Helms

Looking through some patch notes I caught this: "Can hide equipment when equipped (Get/SetHiddenWhenEquipped) so for instance helmets don't have to replace the head model"

So this has to be done via custom scripts for each item? I've been looking for this for years but hoped it would simply be a toggle under game options.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    You could make a generic script so that every helmet is hidden when acquired.

Easy in a custom module, rather more work in official campaigns. Not possible to make one fix for all modules.

I read that if you quick slot your helmet and armour, take them off, then click the helmet and immediately click on the armour, the helm doesn't appear, but you have to do that for every re-equip and load.
  • Old_GithOld_Gith Member Posts: 152
    Yes, we employ this nifty little feature on the World of Greyhawk server for the players. A small script assigned to a small widget (or you could do via feat as well) in which you can target your helm (we also allow it to work on cloaks) to make it vanish (non-appear).
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Once the flag is set on an item, it stays. Not sure if that's helpful, but you can set it in a custom local module, and it will be in effect on every other module you load the character into with the items that have it set. Pretty sure it can be set on any object that has an equip-able model.
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 63
    Just for my own curiosity, why would people want this feature? Just for the visuals or is there something else I am not seeing?
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    Yep. Just for visuals. Kind of like back in the day, before cloaks had models. When they added them, they also had to add a game option to hide them—to counteract the the uproar.