Skip to content

Unfinished/barely started upscaled BG2 UI for BG2EE

cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
edited August 2022 in UI Modding
Just checking to see if anybody has any interest in an unfinished mod, I'm not actually posting a mod right now.

I really like the nostalgia feeling I get from the original BG2, so a while back I spent some time upscaling some UI elements (to 150% with AI) and stitching some of the BG2 UI for BG2EE.

I didn't get very far and I thought maybe I'd do more and then post it, but this seems less and less likely. So I wanted to check if anybody might get some enjoyment of a very nostalgic and very unfinished UI mod.

The goal was to recreate BG2 UI as closely as possible. What is completed: the Inventory screen, the Item screen (when you right-click an item) the item Abilities screen (e.g. picking which arrows to use for a bow), and functional left and right sidebars x2 (see image). What is unfinished: everything else! Thest rest is the default BG2EE interface. Also is included the mini-mod that adds button to expand/retract the log text window.

Two small extras - if you click on the top left green gem on the left of the "Inventory" label, the outer sidebars get minimized down/maximized back; if you click on the empty space left of the arrow slots, the decorative frame around the inventory screen hides/reappears.

I have files all over the place and the UI.menu is a bit of a mess, so checking first if there's any point putting stuff together and uploading it to a repo. Any interest? Again, what you see in the images is nearly all that has been completed, everything else is default bg2ee interface.

ButSrae.png

MRvlsCa.png
Post edited by cdx on

Comments