Skip to content

Issues with setting HiS and Move Silently values with Set % value

royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
edited September 2022 in General Modding
I'm not sure why but I created a spell so when you enter in combat, your values *should* be set to a particular percentage. However, it causes strange results.

Testing with a level 10 Human Shadowdancer, with a skill of 100 in both, I had results such as these:

If I set the percentage to 0, for example, the values seem to return to the minimal class values + kit bonus.

If I set the percentage to 50, that spell actually reduces Move Silently to 65 and Hide in Shadows to 62. I was expecting 50 in both.

Wut? What am I missing here?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    I'm guessing that's 100/100 after modifiers - including the race, dexterity, and shadowdancer bonuses. Here's some math that could do it:
    Human shadowdancer with 18 Dex. 70/75 skill investment, +10/+5 for being human, +10/+10 for 18 Dex, +10/+10 for being a shadowdancer. 100/100 total.
    Now halve the skill points from actual investment. That becomes 35/37, which we add +30/+25 to and reach 65/62.

The shadowdancer bonus has timing mode 9; it's permanent, but remains as a discrete effect rather than modifying base stats as an effect with timing mode 1 would. Which means it can be treated separately from the base skill points.

This actually kind of makes sense to me; if all sources of bonuses got divided instead of just the base stats on the character sheet, bard kits with the reduction would get minimal boosts from thievery potions.
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!