Skip to content

Workaround to the Extraplanar Immunity?

ArvendorArvendor Member Posts: 19
Hello everyone, I was messing around in EE Keeper and NearInfinity trying to assign the 'Tiefling' race to a player character. Specifically I was trying to get the 'Tiefling' race to appear on a character record. Now assigning the race was easy enough and it shows up quite nicely but then I noticed that that character also became immune to all Healing Spells. (Cure Light Wounds, Cure Medium Wounds, Heal, etc.). I presume this is happening because those spells exempt 'Extraplanar' creatures from being affected similar to undead.

So, is there a workaround to this problem so that a character or creature with the "Tiefling - 153" race both has this information show up in their character sheet while also NOT making them immune to the Cure/Cause Wounds spells? I was specifically trying to do this in an IWDEE install.

Any modding wizards willing to share their insights?

Comments

• ArvendorArvendor Member Posts: 19
    One possible solution I've found would be to edit the spells in question, specifically removing the Immunity which would correspond to the race in question. I was wondering if there was perhaps a more elegant solution rather than having to edit every spell individually?
  • ArvendorArvendor Member Posts: 19
    Alright, I figured out how to properly patch this. I'll leave this here as a reference if anyone wants to try something similar. Following code snippet would correctly adjust the cure light wounds spell (sppr103.spl). match_parameter1 is set to the value of the 'tiefling' race (153).

COPY_EXISTING ~sppr103.spl~ ~override/sppr103.spl~ 
        LPF DELETE_EFFECT 
          INT_VAR 
          match_parameter1 = 153
     END