Skip to content

G3: v3 of Level 1 NPCs Now Available

theacefestheacefes Member Posts: 85
edited January 2019 in BGII:EE Mods
Nythrun's mod derives from Gebhart Blucher's Alternate BG2 NPCs (lvl1npcs.zip). Her massive opus of "allow player choice" allows you to start any of the joinable NPCs from BG and BG2 as level one characters with excess experience points. When they join your party, you can level them up and choose their skills. Level 1 NPCs expands on Blucher's original concept by allowing players to assign any previously installed kit/class - default or customized - onto any default (and many mod-added joinable) NPCs from both BG1 and BG2 games. The mod also allows players to change the NPC's skills and weapon proficiencies, individually tweak stats, and much, much more... Khalid the Fighter/Painbearer of Ilmater, Mazzy the Paladin, Jaheira the Kensai, and Valygar the Wizard Slayer are just a few examples. Version 3 fixes an issue that prevented Joinable NPCs more closely match the PC's experience from installing on BGEE games.

Learn more about the mod
Download
View the Readme
Visit the Forum

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Great! This mod will allow me to breath life into an old idea I had when still playing Tutu: Charname Feralan ranger, Minsc (Berserker), Branwen (Battleguard of Tempus), Safana (Gypsy), Quayle (T/Ill.), Dynaheir (Conjurer) - making use of the Song and Silence and Divine Remix mods (if they're still around and compatible with EE and the Level 1 NPC's mod).
  • theacefestheacefes Member Posts: 85

Great! This mod will allow me to breath life into an old idea I had when still playing Tutu: Charname Feralan ranger, Minsc (Berserker), Branwen (Battleguard of Tempus), Safana (Gypsy), Quayle (T/Ill.), Dynaheir (Conjurer) - making use of the Song and Silence and Divine Remix mods (if they're still around and compatible with EE and the Level 1 NPC's mod).

Those are still around and compatible. :)
  • Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    Glad I found this, with all the custom kits I've added to bg1 I'm happy to spice up my companions
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Emardon_Lareous
    NPC EE seems to be the newest take on this mod, even though it's technically a separate mod.
    A feature that would be nice given the amount of input that goes into entering the details for each character would be a batch mode where you can save a template with all your entries so it doesn't forget when you uninstall
    Endarire wrote: »
    @Emardon_Lareous
    NPC EE seems to be the newest take on this mod, even though it's technically a separate mod.

I gave NPC_EE a try, but when it resets the characters health in game it doesn't assign the correct values. Imoen had 2hp after using the tome. This appears to work so far, just very long to install
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Emardon_Lareous
    After using the tome, there's a quiet period, but then you're expected to level the character.