Skip to content

New to Mods

Hi all,
I’m an absolute addict of the game
Played the all saga including SoD
Want to spice things up with some mods
Tweaks, scs, unfinished business, rouge rebalancing lots of NPC and quests
Would you recommend any must have Mods
Would you recommend installing huge amounts of mods together or chunk by chunk?
Would it be to much to do it all together?
Appreciate any info this amazing forum can give

And don’t forget to gather your party before venturing fourth

Comments

• ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 427
    There's a whole section on modding. Never done it myself, so might want to visit the mod section.

Most importantly, a warm welcome to the forum fellow adventurer! B)
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    The thing to consider with mods is that there are hundreds (if not thousands) at this point and many of them are a matter of personal taste.

Having said that, I'd say that any playthrough I've done has pretty consistently contained Tweaks (to taste), Item and Spell Revisions (IR, SR), Ascension, and Sword Coast Strategems (SCS). These mods provide a very nice, balanced, and stable framework for other mods to then build upon in my opinion. Level 1 NPCs (from Gibberlings 3), or its Enhanced Edition equivalent also do a lot to revamp the game and make you willing to try unusual NPC parties.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    For BG1 you can't go wrong with the BG1 NPC Project, which brings banter and interactivity to the companions already in the game. If you want to try additional NPCs, Isra and Finch blend in well. Some lovely quest expansions are BGQE, Shades of the Sword Coast, Lure of the Sirine's Call and Balduran's Seatower.

I'd start with modding BG1 so you can see what you like and then move on to and expand BG2. It's possible to combine them into one installation with the EET mod, but this is quite the involved process and thus better left to a subsequent playthrough.