Skip to content

Question regarding CEP 2.68 compatibility

ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
edited September 2022 in Builders - Toolset
I'm trying to combine the montlethia-dynamic goblins hak with CEP 2.68. It uses the base halfling model but has been amended by the 2.68 appearance .2da reflecting it's new properties.

Assigning the hak to my module, I get nothing. If I remove 2.68, I get the goblins. One or the other seems to be the choices.
Now I don't know much about the guts of 2.68, but there's gotta be a way to combine the two with desirable results...
...and it's quite possible I have a fundamental misunderstanding of the issue at hand. :*

Any help or knowledge - I'm all ears. Thanks, peeps. :)

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/montlethia-dynamic-goblins

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited September 2022
    Ask @Proleric. They're in charge of CEP 2.x. I don't know for sure but there's a chance those goblins are already in the latest version of the CEP.

TR
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    I'll have a look at this when I'm back at my desk.

I can't inspect the goblin hak on the phone, but if it has a custom appearance.2da, that will be the problem.

In that case, make a copy of the CEP 2da, add the custom line from the goblin 2da at a USER_RESERVED line number, then put the resulting 2da in a custom top hak. This is normal procedure for adding creature haks to CEP.

You might want to use CEP 2.69 as the base, as it gives you over 400 new creatures.
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    OK Guys. Yeah, there's no appearance .2da in the hak. In the meantime, I'll start using 2.69 and have a look there.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    Simple answer - ensure the goblin hak is above CEP 2 in the hak order.

I tested this - it works - body parts 202 and heads 158-163 give you the same goblin appearance as a module without CEP 2.

The only downside is that CEP 2 halfling heads 160-163 are no longer available (but that's probably not a problem for you).

Why does this work?

In general, we recommend putting all your custom content haks on top of CEP 2. That way, if there are two versions of the same file, your custom file prevails.

In this case, it's that simple, because there are no .2da, .set or .itp files (the latter have to be merged in a top hak).

P.S. not sure what you mean by "has been amended by the 2.68 appearance .2da" - is that a problem somehow?
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    No worries. Everything works now. Thanks for the help. I never was sure about prioritizing other haks above 2.69. Now I am. Again, thanks for the advice.