Skip to content

Baldur's Gate I and II multiplayer connection problems

My friend and I have been trying to play together for some weeks now and we have tried almost everything at our disposal and nothing worked. The main problem is that whenever we try to connect to the other's game the game freezes and kicks the player out. It doesn't happen when it's a new game with no characters created, but the player is kicked as soon as any character has finished creation.

Funny thing is - we already played through the game together in the past, more than once, modded even.

I've checked the network text document after trying connection and it says "failed to retrieve character information"

We already tried running on a completely new installation (including the /documents with character portraits, configurations and such) and it didn't work.

Obs.: I can still connect and play with random people, although some still don't work (same issue).

Any thoughts?

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Just a thought but you are sure you posted in the right thread? The thread for getting help to fix BG EE and BG2 EE is Troubleshooting. This thread is intended for Neverwinter Nights EE problems.

TR
  • cawferscawfers Member Posts: 3
    I thought I was in the right place. I'll post it on Troubleshooting then. Sorry for the trouble.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    No problem.

TR