Skip to content

Constant Server Disconnects, Sync in Progress Fails.

I have been having this problem since day 1 and have not found a solution yet. I experience frequent and inevitable server disconnects when playing online. It happens every 20 minutes to an hour or so, which would be fine if I didn't play on hardcore perma-death servers. I'm losing characters because of this issue, it's very frustrating. Eventually I just give up and stop playing.

Additionally, every time I connect to a new modded server, you have to download the files, however my download always fails within moments. Like this. xvozbgnshoiw.jpg

Fortunately the download resumes where it left off, but I end up having to restart the download dozens and sometimes hundreds of times to get it complete.

I am not on wifi, but I do use a router so I suspect that is the culprit. So far as I know, I do not experience random drops and disconnects with any other game or program. I am looking for some insight into the actual problem and hopefully a solution.

Comments

• MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 181
    At the moment, the only thing which comes to mind for me is that your router's DHCP lease time is set far too low. Where it's used, the standard is 24 hours / one day. If you know how, you can set up your computer and router so that the computer is on a dedicated IP address which isn't allocated by the router.

It's quite possible that your problem has nothing to do with DHCP leases, but it just happened to be the first thing I thought of and if you know how to get into your router's settings, it's easy enough to check.
  • IndigocellIndigocell Member Posts: 2
    I appreciate your help, not really sure how to go about checking that but at least I have something to look into. Thank you.

I wonder what are some other possibilities assuming it has nothing to do with the router.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    If you've got an android phone that connects to your router there is a tool on the google play store that you might find of use -

Wifi Analyzer

I only say might because it might have issues with later versions of android (10+). Have a look on that page linked to and see what you think.

TR