Skip to content

Export resources improvement

Hi, finally turned to EE (had bought it long ago but was still using 1.69 for wich I had 6 keys available, yes I'm an old LAN party guy and bought a bunch of diamond edition for my friends at the time ^^ ). As I'm on win10, I was a bit cold about running nwnx with wsl but finally was able to convert my old modules without too much headache (and now I really don't understand the hate I sometime see about EE vs 1.69, speed has improved quite a bit for toolset adepts!)

Anyway I'm the kind of guy who build my starter module with base scripts and blueprints and then update my other modules with an exported erf containing all reusable resources without overwrinting a single config file. And here's the meat of my request ^^ it would really be nice to have an option to export ALL resources from a module at once and skipping the dependency check, in this case it would save a lot of time (selecting all resources by category, scripts, blueprints, etc...) and then skipping the check for dependency (as we are exporting all resources from module anyway) that can sometime be a bit long due to the number of resources (about 3400 in my erf)

Thanks for the support!

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    edited October 2022
    nwhak.exe (which ships with the game) has an Export All option.

You can also select all, deselect unwanted files (e.g. module.ifo), then Export.

It will open any erf-format container (module, hak or erf)

The output files can be reloaded into a module or erf using the same tool.

P.S. if you're happier using Windows Explorer, open the module in the toolset, copy all required files from the modules\temp0 folder. Open the target module, paste the copied files into \temp0. Make any trivial change in the toolset, so that it knows something needs saving, then save.
  • krevettkrevett Member Posts: 4
    @Proleric thanks I'm simply dumb :s I'm using nwhak for a bunch of tricks already and never thought of doing this to save time...As for the trivial changes I always compile scripts as the erf contains many include/config files for the module so I think the temp0 method will be the faster, a simple copy-paste-build module will save a lot of time!