Skip to content

Game crashes upon rest

Howdy, I have a heavily modded game, but have in the past. This time, though, my game will crash when I try to rest. One game, I made it through all of the vanilla dream sequences, plus all of the Imoen romance ones, then it started crashing. Other games, damn near right away. I have no idea what would cause this, as I have used all of these mods before. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    When you rest, the game casts healing spells until either you run out or the party is fully healed. That's one likely cause for the crash; it tried to cast a spell that was broken in some way, or a character just had too many spells memorized. See this page of a Gibberlings3 thread for some discussion of that issue.

Other than that, we can't say much without a lot more detail.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    jmerry wrote: »
    When you rest, the game casts healing spells until either you run out or the party is fully healed. That's one likely cause for the crash; it tried to cast a spell that was broken in some way, or a character just had too many spells memorized. See this page of a Gibberlings3 thread for some discussion of that issue.

Other than that, we can't say much without a lot more detail.

I turned off the "rest until fully healed" option, no love there. What would you need in detail to give a guess? I originally thought it to be a mod issue, but again I have used nearly all of these mods before. I know that is no guarantee against some install-order issue. Anyways, thanks for replying!
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    I will re-install the game, taking care with the mod order. Thanks again for responding!
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,830
    The "rest until fully healed" option is irrelevant; that only tells the party to rest repeatedly until they're healed. There's no way to prevent your party from casting one day's worth of healing spells except for healing before you rest.

I still haven't given you a specific diagnosis, and I can't unless you post more information. There are a lot of ways this can happen, and it doesn't even have to be any particular mod's fault; one of the possible causes is an accumulation of too many innate abilities on a character (that, I could see by looking at a save even without installing your collection of mods). If you reinstall without actually figuring out what broke, you'll probably just run into the same problem again.
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    It could also be that the area the resting happens to have a garbled rest encounter. weidu.log's definitely required.