Skip to content

Need a clear view of loading order

krevettkrevett Member Posts: 4
edited November 2022 in Builders - Toolset
I'll mention @Proleric because I know he can probably help here.

Well, I'm converting my old 1.69 modules to EE (.34) and i'm trying to understand which things have changed in resource priority.

I've read that during 1.79 update module resources were set above hak (as far as scripts are concerned) is this still true as of latest version?

Also in 1.69 I was using a mix of haks and patch-haks (modules are only for LAN multiplayer so every PC has the same patch it's a personal install) and anyway patch-haks are only a compilation of visual improvement so that does not really matter. For EE the only tweak to patch-haks was to add the hd textures from the vault on top of others (ie bottom of userpatch.ini or nwnpatch.ini to see the visuals in toolset)

Here's my main problem: while editing an old module in the new toolset everything looks fine, but when launching a local server and connecting to it some houses are missing their roof.

Removing userpatch/nwnpatch does not change the result roof are still missing from some houses in game but not in the toolset where everything looks fine. I'm a bit lost here ^^

Edit: not all buildings are missing their roof only some of them (the windmill for example you only see the base in game with the blades floating in the air)

Edit2: small question about userpatch.ini vs nwnpatch.ini it seems the latter allows to load the patch-hak for the toolset but does it also work for client (then I can remove userpatch)?
Post edited by krevett on

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited November 2022
    I've read that during 1.79 update module resources were set above hak (as far as scripts are concerned) is this still true as of latest version?
    I've looked through the patch notes for all the 1.79.x.x patches and see no mention of this. See the list on the wiki. As far as load order goes (and as far as I am aware) there is only one change to the load order (from 1st to last loaded) - Standard resources, override folder, hak files and finally the new development folder. Note, don't use the dev folder for the release version of whatever you put in there. It is only intended for developing content. Once you're satisfied with that content, put it in a hak and delete/archive it from the dev folder.

Hope that helps.

TR
  • krevettkrevett Member Posts: 4
    I've seen these articles thanks, I was just asking because I saw a forum discussion where it was said that scripts in hak didn't have precedence over scripts in the module anymore and was a bit perplex. But it seems like before with just the development folder (that I don't use anyway)

For my roof disapearing I found the problem in the graphic options (it's just strange that only some of the roof were not displayed in fact)

And for the usepatch question I found by experimenting a bit: having a nwnpatch file loads patch-haks to the toolset but not in-game whereas having the userpatch file loads them in-game but not in the toolset so I keep both files in mydocuments to have something like in 1.69 where patch-haks were loaded in both environments!

Thanks for the answers!