Skip to content

MegaMod 3.13: Mazzy Romance, Clara NPC, Darkside Anomen, Flying Aerie, For The Evil, & more! (DONE)

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @Austin87 Looks like I need to post an update soon to fix a bug. If you're able to write your code, I'm happy to add that in at the same time.
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 281
    Ratatoskr wrote: »
    @Austin87 Looks like I need to post an update soon to fix a bug. If you're able to write your code, I'm happy to add that in at the same time.

Hello! I can only do it on Saturday (in two days) :(
    @Austin87 Saturday would be just fine. They're minor bugs so it's not something I need to upload immediately.
  • rossbach451rossbach451 Member Posts: 168
    When does the dialogue between Mazzy and Viconia begin? What is the global variable for this?
    edited November 2022
    Hello! I made your crossmod-content work for Smiling Imp's NPCs as well, as we discussed earlier! :) Attached are the files that have been changed (in the comments, I indicated that these new code fragments refer to the NPC by Smiling Imp)
    Thanks @Austin87
    I'll work on getting that added in and the next update posted as soon as I have the time.

@rossbach451
    There are a number of different variables that could be affecting their conversations. I'd check these three to start:
    Global("_bMazVicConv","GLOBAL")
    Global("_bMazzySavesViconia","GLOBAL")
    Global("BMazzy9","LOCALS")

The third one is an in-game Mazzy/Viconia banter which is required to get their second talk if the first variable is at 0. If that banter just hasn't happened yet, that could be stalling everything out. Otherwise, the first global should be able to tell me if you're stuck somewhere in their conversation chain.
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 454
    When does the dialogue between Mazzy and Viconia begin? What is the global variable for this?

As Ratatoskr said, it requires a banter, which probably hasn't happened yet. A number of our dialogues require banters to have happened first, so if you want to see more dialogues faster you could try installing a banter accelerater. There's two different mods out there (at least) that do it and either works.
    Hey @Austin87

Just to check, did you miss the _bviconiarulesustnatha dialogue file (in All Things Mazzy/dialogues/evil/soa) or did it just not make it into the zipped folder?

If the former, don't worry about it. I should be able to duplicate the mod lines in that file easily enough now that you've given me all your mod file names in the ClaraViconia file. But I figured I'd ask in case you did have it done already.
    edited November 2022
    Thanks @Austin87
    I'll work on getting that added in and the next update posted as soon as I have the time.

@rossbach451
    There are a number of different variables that could be affecting their conversations. I'd check these three to start:

The third one is an in-game Mazzy/Viconia banter which is required to get their second talk if the first variable is at 0. If that banter just hasn't happened yet, that could be stalling everything out. Otherwise, the first global should be able to tell me if you're stuck somewhere in their conversation chain.

Hi! Thanks for responding. I checked for those variables, the first one is at 1, but I do not see the other two anywhere. I assume "LOCALS" means local variables, and there is nothing there.

My current game seems to be bugged to hell due to my insistence on having a bunch of mods coupled with my evident lack of capacity to install them in a coherent order.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

There is a _bMazVicExtra variable, set at 1. What is that for?
    Hey @Austin87

Just to check, did you miss the _bviconiarulesustnatha dialogue file (in All Things Mazzy/dialogues/evil/soa) or did it just not make it into the zipped folder?

If the former, don't worry about it. I should be able to duplicate the mod lines in that file easily enough now that you've given me all your mod file names in the ClaraViconia file. But I figured I'd ask in case you did have it done already.

Hello! Yes, I accidentally missed this file when I made changes! I'm sorry :(
    Thanks @Austin87

@rossbach451

Hi! Thanks for responding. I checked for those variables, the first one is at 1, but I do not see the other two anywhere. I assume "LOCALS" means local variables, and there is nothing there.

My current game seems to be bugged to hell due to my insistence on having a bunch of mods coupled with my evident lack of capacity to install them in a coherent order.

_bMazVicExtra was the first dialogue when you first get both of them in your party, assuming Mazzy wasn't there when you rescued Viconia in Athkatla. I pasted it below:

Line 20 is the first line if Player1 is short. Line 21 happens instead if he's tall.
    Lines 25-28 are options that Player1 can choose in the dialogue.

//First Conversation if no rescue
    @20 /*Viconia*/ = ~Another tiny person. Seriously, <CHARNAME>, if I were your size I would choose larger company. We need someone on the front lines who our enemies cannot merely step over.~
    @21 /*Viconia*/ = ~A miniature warrior, <CHARNAME>, seriously? I know you like to accept the broken, useless and needy into your company, but aren't you perhaps taking this a bit far? What's next? A tone-deaf bard? An ogre assassin? A blind archer?~
    @22 /*Mazzy*/ = ~A drow? She's a drow! Why is there a drow with you, <CHARNAME>?~
    @23 /*Viconia*/ = ~You mean "with us," halfling. We are in the same party, are we not? And you should be thankful I am here. It will clearly take a priestess of great power, like myself, to keep you alive.~
    @24 /*Mazzy*/ = ~I am more than a match for any of our enemies and especially for you, evil one!~
    @25 /*CHARNAME*/ = ~I can see that this is going to work out wonderfully. Are you two finished?~
    @26 /*CHARNAME*/ = ~Mazzy, meet Viconia. Viconia, this is Mazzy. Please try to get along.~
    @27 /*CHARNAME*/ = ~Mazzy, Viconia isn't really that evil. Viconia, Mazzy really isn't that useless. Be friends!~
    @28 /*CHARNAME*/ = ~Okay, the first rule of being in my party is no killing other party members. If you cannot play nice, you will have to leave.~
    @29 /*Viconia*/ = ~Do not worry about me, <CHARNAME>, I am merely jesting with our little toy soldier. Wait... she's not just a warrior... she smells of divine meddling and a useless moral code... she's a paladin! Oh this is too priceless, <CHARNAME>, I'm traveling with a toy paladin!~
    @30 /*Mazzy*/ = ~I am not actually a paladin. I am a truesword of Arvoreen, but I do hope to become a paladin someday. I have dedicated my life to protecting the innocent and destroying evil such as you. But you have saved my life, <CHARNAME>, and if you wish me to travel with Viconia then I will... for now.~

The next dialogue would be the in-game banter where Mazzy threatens to kill Viconia if she makes one false move. You'd know it's part of the game because there's voiced dialogue. I don't have it handy to copy-paste it. After that banter triggers then there'd be another one of our dialogues a few days later.
    All good @Austin87
    I can just make the adjustments there. Looking up all the dialogue files is the part that I don't like and you've got all of them in the other file so I'll copy them over.

It may just take a little longer since I'll be out of town towards the end of the week and probably won't get to it before then.
    BCaesar wrote: »
    Thanks @Austin87

@rossbach451

_bMazVicExtra was the first dialogue when you first get both of them in your party, assuming Mazzy wasn't there when you rescued Viconia in Athkatla. I pasted it below:

Line 20 is the first line if Player1 is short. Line 21 happens instead if he's tall.
    Lines 25-28 are options that Player1 can choose in the dialogue.

//First Conversation if no rescue
    @20 /*Viconia*/ = ~Another tiny person. Seriously, <CHARNAME>, if I were your size I would choose larger company. We need someone on the front lines who our enemies cannot merely step over.~
    @21 /*Viconia*/ = ~A miniature warrior, <CHARNAME>, seriously? I know you like to accept the broken, useless and needy into your company, but aren't you perhaps taking this a bit far? What's next? A tone-deaf bard? An ogre assassin? A blind archer?~
    @22 /*Mazzy*/ = ~A drow? She's a drow! Why is there a drow with you, <CHARNAME>?~
    @23 /*Viconia*/ = ~You mean "with us," halfling. We are in the same party, are we not? And you should be thankful I am here. It will clearly take a priestess of great power, like myself, to keep you alive.~
    @24 /*Mazzy*/ = ~I am more than a match for any of our enemies and especially for you, evil one!~
    @25 /*CHARNAME*/ = ~I can see that this is going to work out wonderfully. Are you two finished?~
    @26 /*CHARNAME*/ = ~Mazzy, meet Viconia. Viconia, this is Mazzy. Please try to get along.~
    @27 /*CHARNAME*/ = ~Mazzy, Viconia isn't really that evil. Viconia, Mazzy really isn't that useless. Be friends!~
    @28 /*CHARNAME*/ = ~Okay, the first rule of being in my party is no killing other party members. If you cannot play nice, you will have to leave.~
    @29 /*Viconia*/ = ~Do not worry about me, <CHARNAME>, I am merely jesting with our little toy soldier. Wait... she's not just a warrior... she smells of divine meddling and a useless moral code... she's a paladin! Oh this is too priceless, <CHARNAME>, I'm traveling with a toy paladin!~
    @30 /*Mazzy*/ = ~I am not actually a paladin. I am a truesword of Arvoreen, but I do hope to become a paladin someday. I have dedicated my life to protecting the innocent and destroying evil such as you. But you have saved my life, <CHARNAME>, and if you wish me to travel with Viconia then I will... for now.~

The next dialogue would be the in-game banter where Mazzy threatens to kill Viconia if she makes one false move. You'd know it's part of the game because there's voiced dialogue. I don't have it handy to copy-paste it. After that banter triggers then there'd be another one of our dialogues a few days later.

I did get that conversation, once I saved Mazzy in the Shade Lord dungeon. There just have been no other conversations. Not sure how to force the next dialogue.
    edited November 2022
    @rossbach451 If this is true Global("_bMazVicConv","GLOBAL",1) and you haven't gotten any other talks, then you're likely waiting on the in game banter to trigger. This would be a different talk then the one BCaesar posted above.

If you want to kickstart the rest of the conversations without waiting for the banter, you can manually set Global("_bMazVicConv","GLOBAL",2) and the next talk should play a day later. The conversation would then continue from there.
    Quick question @Austin87

Would this be correct for when Branwen is in your party with the Smiling Imp mod? I only see out of your party code in what you added and I found a couple other lines for her.

== IF_FILE_EXISTS 7XBRANJ IF ~IfValidForPartyDialog("7XBRAN")~ THEN
    @rossbach451 If this is true Global("_bMazVicConv","GLOBAL",1) and you haven't gotten any other talks, then you're likely waiting on the in game banter to trigger. This would be a different talk then the one BCaesar posted above.

If you want to kickstart the rest of the conversations without waiting for the banter, you can manually set Global("_bMazVicConv","GLOBAL",2) and the next talk should play a day later. The conversation would then continue from there.

I think it worked! Thank you for the time and effort, this mod is such a huge addition to the game!

I think it worked! Thank you for the time and effort, this mod is such a huge addition to the game!

Might have been premature in my celebrations. Nothing has happened since the threat to kill Viconia talk, and my journal shows a mission called "Mazzy the Leader," in which it says Mazzy wants us to confront and defeat the Shade Lord who killed her last party. Trouble is, that has already been done. Shade Lord is a pussy, killed and inscriptions done. This is driving me nuts.
    @rossbach451 if you tell me what your MazVicConv global is, I can tell you where you are in the chain. But honestly, the best thing I can suggest is patience. There are many parts of our mod that won't trigger until you reach a specific part of the story or certain banters play. It's not really designed to be speed run.

Mazzy the Leader has nothing to do with Viconia. That quest came from the recurring Mazzy friendship talks and I don't believe it's ever marked as done. It should just keep adding new lines if you ask her for more advice.
    @rossbach451 if you tell me what your MazVicConv global is, I can tell you where you are in the chain. But honestly, the best thing I can suggest is patience. There are many parts of our mod that won't trigger until you reach a specific part of the story or certain banters play. It's not really designed to be speed run.

Mazzy the Leader has nothing to do with Viconia. That quest came from the recurring Mazzy friendship talks and I don't believe it's ever marked as done. It should just keep adding new lines if you ask her for more advice.

The MazVicConv is at 2, which is what I set it at. Does it make a difference if I got to Chapter 3 quickly (long before finishing all of the quests)? It is starting to sound to me like I might have to start over. Please always know that I am aware that the issues I have are my doing, either in mod additions or gameplay stuff. I did this right once, so I guess that is why I am confused now.
    @rossbach451 Whoops, that one is on me. Try setting Global("_bMazVicConv","GLOBAL",3) instead. That should kickstart things properly.
    Quick question @Austin87

Would this be correct for when Branwen is in your party with the Smiling Imp mod? I only see out of your party code in what you added and I found a couple other lines for her.

@rossbach451 Whoops, that one is on me. Try setting Global("_bMazVicConv","GLOBAL",3) instead. That should kickstart things properly.

I still would just get a banter accelerater since banters are worth seeing. This mod includes an option to speed up in-game banters:
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/558-iep-extended-banters/

The MazVicConv is at 2, which is what I set it at. Does it make a difference if I got to Chapter 3 quickly (long before finishing all of the quests)? It is starting to sound to me like I might have to start over. Please always know that I am aware that the issues I have are my doing, either in mod additions or gameplay stuff. I did this right once, so I guess that is why I am confused now.

Seems like it has worked itself out. Thanks for the insights and patience.
    edited November 2022
    Quick question @Austin87

Hello! Here are the names of all the Branwen dialogue files from this mod:
    APPEND ~pdialog.2da~ // SOA 
    ~7XBRAN 7XBRANP 7XBRANJ 7XBRAND 7XBRA25P 7XBRA25J 7XBRA25D 7XBRA25~
    UNLESS ~7XBRAN~

File 7XBRANJ actually refers to Branwen's dialogue when she's in the party.
    @Austin87 Thanks. I'll get those last lines added and things updated when I'm back home again. The missing Branwen lines are when she's in your party so J should be perfect.
    @Austin87 All right, I think I got everything added in correctly for your mod. Do you mind doing a quick check to make sure ATM 3.09 installs with yours before I do the official update?

My current mod list is too complicated to easily remove the other BG1 NPC mods in order to install yours instead. Though I can say this version of ATM still manages to install without your mod at least :)
    @Austin87 All right, I think I got everything added in correctly for your mod. Do you mind doing a quick check to make sure ATM 3.09 installs with yours before I do the official update?

My current mod list is too complicated to easily remove the other BG1 NPC mods in order to install yours instead. Though I can say this version of ATM still manages to install without your mod at least :)
    Austin87 wrote: »
    Quick question @Austin87

Hello! Here are the names of all the Branwen dialogue files from this mod:
    APPEND ~pdialog.2da~ // SOA 
    ~7XBRAN 7XBRANP 7XBRANJ 7XBRAND 7XBRA25P 7XBRA25J 7XBRA25D 7XBRA25~
    UNLESS ~7XBRAN~

File 7XBRANJ actually refers to Branwen's dialogue when she's in the party.

I tested it by installing everything in our mod and then BG1NPCSoA and then I tried it the other way. No error messages either way (though installing our mod first will mean some of the cross-mod content won't work).

Also, Austin87, your mod should really have some sort of install-all or at the very least an uninstall-all button. Looks gigantic; lot's of cool stuff.
  • amendaraamendara Member Posts: 16
    Hey guys,

Played the Mazzy and "For the Good" version of your mod last year and really loved it. It brought a lot of freshness to the game for me (an epic I have gone through umpteen times) and had a lot of entertaining and dramatic storytelling. Along with Ninde and a few others, it is one of my favourite BG mods. Well done!

Now I am gearing up for another runthrough and was thinking of trying a "for the evil" adventure. I really enjoy your writing, but the problem is there our too many characters I want to take and I don't have time for multiple runthroughs. I definitely want to try your evil Anomen and also take along Clara for their romance. Of course then I will miss Korgan/Hexxat banters (loved your expansion to Korgan/Mazzy), but long hard and low to the ground choices must be made!

Haerdalis/Dorn romance sounds intruiging, but then I have to wait until Anomen passes his test to recruit Dorn, and does that not take a really long time?

I also love the idea of recruiting Bodhi, but you hint she does not have that much content.

So basically

Evil NPC
    Anomen
    Clara

Who would you recommend to fill the three remaining places to get the most delicious banter and drama?

I am not worried about combat balance or power, just the best quality writing, storytelling, and bantering in your opinion?

Thanks again for your wonderful work!

Hi @amendara
    Thank you very much. I'm really glad you enjoyed our mod.

If you're trying an evil run and you want the chance to be as evil as possible with our mod, you gotta take Viconia as well. She has a whole additional thing in the Underdark and with Clara.

For the last two NPCs, I will freely admit that Dorn/Haer'Dalis is one of my favorite things I've written in this mod. Mostly because they're both ridiculously dramatic. But, that said, I'm not sure how well Dorn and Anomen mesh. Dorn's opening scene is liable to cause issues, but if you can find a way around that, I'd totally bring them along. Some of the romance coding for them helps you finish Dorn's quest without just murdering the world (unless you want to), but there wasn't much to be done about the start. His quest can also be a bit buggy in general, which didn't help.

Otherwise most of the larger evil NPC options involve Hexxat so you won't be able to see them this run. I'd probably just grab Edwin and Korgan for the theming and Clara banters. You could keep them through Anomen's test and then switch over to Dorn/HD if you prefer.

Alternatively, you could swap in Bodhi in SoA when given the option to see what content she does have and/or grab Sarevok in ToB if you want to see his Viconia content. It should be possible to summon Hexxat as well as our Clara in ToB, so that's an option for seeing some of her content later.
    edited December 2022
    @amendara

As Ratatoskr said, there's no way to play everything as an evil person, but I can give you a couple of options. It might also be possible to see almost all of the content with one person and then swap them for someone else.

Here's my basic summary of evil options.

Hexxat is incompatible with Clara, so you have to pick one.
    Clara has a romance with Anomen, and it goes way farther if he's evil. So if you want evil-Anomen and Clara that's a good combination. It means you can't see Hexxat-Korgan, but there's no way around that.

Viconia has a lot of content in Ust'Natha and some with Clara, especially at the end of Chapter 6 after you face Bodhi in her lair. She also has a number of dialogues with Mazzy, but Mazzy tries to turn her good.

Dorn and Haer'Dalis you mentioned. Just wait for Anomen to fail his test before you do.

Korgan and Edwin have dialogues with Mazzy, but without Mazzy we don't add that much content in with them. A few game-time-triggered dialogues and other stuff. Same with Jan (I love Jan. If I ever write another romance in this game it'd be with Jan. Or Bodhi-the-Elf. Or a romance between Jan and Bodhi).

Bodhi actually does have a lot of content, but you can't get her until Chapter 6 so it's all crammed into the tail end of SoA.

So here's what I would do if it were me and I had seen Mazzy-Korgan already as you said you have.
    1) Get Mazzy, Viconia, Edwin, Anomen, and Clara.

2) Play with that until you're evil enough that Mazzy tries to kill you or leaves forever. If you have ForTheGood installed this will also have to be after Anomen fails his test. But since you're evil you could just not install ForTheGood and in that case Mazzy will still try to kill you if you're too evil, but it'll take longer and it'll be easier to kill her.

3) Now you've got space. Dump Edwin and pick up Haer'Dalis and Dorn (your other spot is free because Mazzy is gone). Now you've got Viconia, Anomen, Clara, Haer'Dalis, and Dorn.

And if you wanted to dump one of them for Bodhi you could wait until you've done everything else in chapter 6. Clara-Anomen is finished when you go to meet with Lord Jysstev and then they have one talk after it. It ends:

Clara: "It might be less... the Council is full of old men, frail and prone to petty temptations. Perhaps one of them will do something foolish."
    Anomen: "Perhaps they will. But for now, let us seek honor and glory. And wealth! We will need vast quantities of coin if I am going to make any real change at all."

So after you've gotten that talk you can dump him and get Bodhi, and then your party is Viconia, Bodhi, Clara, Haer'Dalis, and Dorn.
    Clara and Anomen do have a couple additional banters in TOB if you've gone through their whole storyline. But otherwise, yeah.

And Bodhi doesn't have a ton of TOB content so you could swap her back for Anomen or Sarevok then.