Skip to content

Issues setting up NWSync

blbdartblbdart Member Posts: 3
edited September 2022 in Builders - Toolset
Hello, I've been trying to use NWSync to host a server and get that little 'Download files' button users would get when trying to join for necessary .hak files... but I am running into an issue.

I am following this process:
https://nwn.wiki/display/NWN1/NWSync+Setup+Guide

When I get to the step which says to run NWSyncGui and push RUN NWSYNC WRITE, my NWSyncGui errors out with a very generalized error message. I googled a solution but nothing seems to work or is documented anywhere.

Is this just a software issue and I'm out of luck?

I think there's a way to use NWSYNC without the GUI but I'm not really sure how to do that exactly.

Any tips?

Thank you for your time
Post edited by blbdart on

Comments

• MelkiorMelkior Member Posts: 179
    edited October 2022
    I took a look on the download site and I wonder if you missed this:
    (Note: the latest version, v0.3.2, does not include a required .dll file which will give an unrecognisable error later. The newer .exe is preferable, but please also download and extract the .dll files from an earlier version, and place them inside this same folder)
    It sounds like you might be missing the DLL file as mentioned in that note (it's in step 2 for setting up NWSYNC)
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    You can absolutely use nwsync without the GUI - The GUI is a totally separate program and just feeds the command back to nwsync itself. Unfortunately there are a few bugs that cause the super generic message to be displayed, and I haven't found any motivation to review the gui to fix these sorry. If you (still) need assistance I'm on several of the nwn discords and you can message for more assistance.