Skip to content

Most of the scrolls in my scroll case have disappeared.

Any idea what could be causing this? I had over 20 scrolls in there and i just opened it to find that i only have 2 scrolls left. Is this a known bug or am i missing something?

Comments

• KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    Actually this might be because i spawned in a scroll case before getting it as a quest reward from firebead aswell.

I threw one of them on the ground. Maybe this causes some of the scrolls to disappear i don't really know what else it could be
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    If you spawned in a different scroll case than the one Firebead gives you, it's plausible.

While most containers share the content in a game, some of them aren't, and some of the mods even ensure none of them do.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Mechanically, each container item is linked to a "store" with the same name* that has the actual contents. If you have two copies of the same container, they share the same store and it doesn't matter which one you open - you get the same stuff either way. Put an item in one of them, get it out of the other. I've run into this a few times in BG2EE when I've accidentally duped the container items (Hexxat can give you an extra copy of her bag if you put the original one down, Rasaad can duplicate bags and other critical items he's carrying when he leaves at the end of his quest).

If, on the other hand, you have two different container items, then their containers are entirely separate. And even before SoD, BGEE has four different scroll cases all linking to different stores (BAG03, BAG03G, BAG03H, BAG03I). Firebead gives you BAG03; if you spawned in a different one for yourself, then the contents were separate.

Since containers are flagged as "critical" items, they won't despawn if you leave them on the ground. If you remember where you left the other scroll case, you should be able to go back for it and retrieve its contents. Or if you spawn in a new copy of it, it'll have those contents.

* The store must have the same filename as the container aside from extensions; that's just how the "container" class of items works. There's no separate field to define which store is linked to.
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    @GraionDilach when i checked it, both cases had the same ID. I removed one of them with EEKeeper and that seems to have fixed it