Skip to content

[PTEE] [Steam/GOG] Constant crashes

Hi!

I bought the game on Steam, unfortunately it won't start. I've been looking for answers on the internet, but nothing works in the long run. When I enable Windows 7 compatibility mode, the game starts, but it crashes after a dozen or so seconds - either during the intro or in the menu, once I managed to get to the beginning of the game (a few seconds), but then another crash followed.

I have BGEE on GOG and it works fine, so I decided to try to buy the GOG version of PTEE, unfortunately the result is the same.

I tried modifying the baldur.lua file, I tried solutions with the openal32.dll file - no result, although it did add music in the game. I tried to disable antivirus, I have up-to-date drivers. I have no idea what else I could do.
Any advice or did I throw money down the drain twice? :(

Comments

• KatzerchenKatzerchen Member Posts: 61
    From what I have heard, it may be the graphics card causing the issue.

I am playing on a laptop with WIN 10 and didn't have any problems. Now my laptop has a graphics card, not a chip.

I am not an expert anyway, but to figure out what causes the problems and maybe find a solution, it would be helpful for others if you could specify what device you are playing on, your OS (Win 7?), graphics card (I have heard there is a compatibility issue with specific graphics cards/chips, just don't remember which ones and where I read this) and so on.
  • JaykeFanJaykeFan Member Posts: 2
    Sure, I've got Windows 11, i5 12400f, RTX3060Ti, 16gb RAM. All drivers up to date.