Skip to content

Install Order Help.

LouSC01LouSC01 Member Posts: 7
So I've played with one or two mods before but never with this many (honestly most of them are just quest mods from Lava) and wanted help to see if my install order is right or should I change it.

I've read G3's CamDawg modding guide and all respective mods readme but still unsure.
1. BG1
DLC Merger
BG1 Unfinished Business
2. BG2
DragonSpear UI++ 2.42 (fork by Artyfox)
Ascension
BG2 Unfinished Business
Almateria's Restoration Project
Dungeon Crawl
Assassinations
Au service d'Oghma
Tales of the Deep Gardens
Innershade
The White Queen
I Shall Never Forget
Adalon's Blood
The Sellswords
Back to Brynnlaw
Southern Edge
Ooze's Lounge
Test Your Mettle!
Tangled Oak Isle
Bridge’s Block
Alabaster Sands
Shades of the Sword Coast
Twisting With The Rune
Travellers in Faerun
The Cowled Menance
Bank of Baldur's Gate
Heroes, Thieves, and Moneylenders
Skie, The Cost of One Girl’s Soul
Nathaniel NPC
IEP Extended Banter
BG1NPC Project
Golem Construction for Spellcasters
Demon Summoning Ritual - Unholy Gate Opening Ritual Book
Tome and Blood
EET Tweaks
Tweaks Anthology
Sword Coast Stratagems
Scales of Balance
Druid Grove Area Makeover
Portraits Portraits Everywhere
The Picture Standard
EET End

Is this alright?

Comments

• EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited February 2023
    Install Worldmap AKA World Map after EET End.

Install Druid Grove Makeover and Scales of Balance (except for its MRO/Magic Resistance Overhaul component) before Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS).

Did you try installing this already? If so, what was the response?

Thankee!
  • LouSC01LouSC01 Member Posts: 7
    Endarire wrote: »
    Install Worldmap AKA World Map after EET End.

Install Druid Grove Makeover and Scales of Balance (except for its MRO/Magic Resistance Overhaul component) before Sword Coast Stratagems (SCS).

Did you try installing this already? If so, what was the response?

Thankee!

Not yet, I was going to try today. Other than Druid Grove Makeover and Scales of Balance everything else is fine?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited February 2023
    Scales goes after SCS, @Endarire is bumbling nonsense.

Tome and Blood's Multiclass Sorcerers needs to be installed after Tweaks Anthology's sorcerer and mage spell tables - are you installing these?

Bank of Baldur's Gate is useless, the list doesn't include a mod which reopens BG.

Travellers of Faerun is trash.
    edited February 2023
    Scales goes after SCS, @Endarire is bumbling nonsense.

Tome and Blood's Multiclass Sorcerers needs to be installed after Tweaks Anthology's sorcerer and mage spell tables - are you installing these?

Bank of Baldur's Gate is useless, the list doesn't include a mod which reopens BG.

Travellers of Faerun is trash.

Yeah I've re-read Scales of Balance Readme and is recommended to install after SCS. The only component I'm installing from Tome and Blood is metamagic tweak as innate ability since SCS component is deprecated.

Everything else is ok or should I change something else?

Thanks for the input.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    I also reread the Scales documentation and it said that all its components except MRO should go before SCS. @GraionDilach
    I've completed the installation with no major problem or errors and everything seems to be working fine. Thanks for your input @GraionDilach and @Endarire
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    Endarire wrote: »
    I also reread the Scales documentation and it said that all its components except MRO should go before SCS. @GraionDilach

So what? The doc is wrong.

- WPO in Scales break SCS's assumption of proficiency groupings and needs to be installed after SCS to ensure that enemies get passive feats atleast, same rules apply to S&A profs.
    - SCS adds full monsters and items to the game (at least via the Improved Kobolds DSotSC style component) which will also end up semi-broken if they're added after WPO/SBO/STO.

Keep also aTweaks in mind which should come after SCS according to docs and Scales is designed to go after aTweaks.

There's zero reason to install Scales before SCS (SBO's stat-based bonus spells wouldn't be available to SCS either way). There are actual factual reasons for the other way.