Skip to content

Interactable genie lamp isn't working in Irenicus dungeon

FestiniusFestinius Member Posts: 3
Hi everyone. I'm a new fan to the BG games, but I am enjoying them a lot. Unfortunately, I've ran into my first bug (at least I think its a bug).

Not sure what the issue is, and how to fix it, but here is my problem.

I'm in the pocket plane of Irenicus's dungeon, and I click to interact with the genie lamp, but he doesn't spawn. I hear the sound like he is but there is no visual animation and he never appears. The genie lamp is now not interactable. I did not have an issue here the first time I played this game.

I've added two small things, and maybe they are the cause, but it seems unlikely. I added a buffscript mod and a better luck spell. These are my only additions and I had zero issues with them in BGEE.

Anyone run into this problem before and have a solution?

Comments

• FestiniusFestinius Member Posts: 3
    Welp.... I started a brand new game and didn't import my character and it worked fine :D I found some other posts that were similar to mine and seems its a possible bug when you import? Guess I'll just EE keeper the things I did in my last game, lol
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    I think I've actually seen this myself at some point, though all of my more recent runs (with imports) have worked just fine. Checking how it's scripted...

When you start the game, the genie is actually in that starting area, in the corridor past the library. The same script block that sets up your import items, removes all your old equipment, and then spawns in Irenicus for the initial cutscenes also moves the genie to the air area. Then, once you enter that area, the area's script deactivates the genie. Click on the lamp, and it does some visual effects and activates the genie. It doesn't spawn him in; he's already there.

So, what happened for you? It seems the move didn't work properly, so the genie wasn't present in the air area to be activated. Probably just a glitch, though I can see the potential connection to the imports.

Spawning the genie in with the cheat/debug console is another option: C: CreateCreature("IDJINNI")
  • FestiniusFestinius Member Posts: 3
    Interesting. I will use the console command if I have that problem next time. Thank you!