Skip to content

Tweaks Anthology SOD Proficiency Bug?

Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
I installed the true grand mastery tweak, but with SOD, the game won't let me add a point past two in weapon proficiency... Is it an issue with how I installed it, I'm using the balanced proficiencies tweak as well, or maybe an issue with the SOD UI?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Are you just starting a character at level 1? The number of proficiency points you can invest at any given time is limited in multiple ways, depending on both class and level. You can't invest a third dot until at least level 3, a fourth dot until level 6, or a fifth dot until level 9 even if you're a class that can take grand mastery. None of the components in Tweaks Anthology touches those restrictions; the multi-class grand mastery component opens it up to multiclass fighters of sufficient level and the other two components alter the bonuses, but none of them let you just dump all of your proficiency points into single weapon and reach grand mastery at level 3.
  • Camus34Camus34 Member Posts: 210
    Nope the character is level 3, with two points from the starting build, in longswords, I was trying to add a third point.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    All right. Is the character a ranger, paladin, or multiclass fighter who can't normally go beyond specialization? Because "true grandmastery" doesn't change the rules for when you can take proficiencies; it only changes the bonuses for grand mastery.
    jmerry wrote: »
    All right. Is the character a ranger, paladin, or multiclass fighter who can't normally go beyond specialization? Because "true grandmastery" doesn't change the rules for when you can take proficiencies; it only changes the bonuses for grand mastery.

Unkitted straight up fighter.
    I re-installed all my mods, and it started working again. No idea what caused it.