Skip to content

Mod to Calm down Jaheira

DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 112
I find it completely ridiculous that after Jaheira betrays the Harpers for you , she becomes overly clingy and threatens to never see you again if you you say just for the time being to split.

Like sure she betrayed Harpers for you , but realistically you would split with her from time to time.

Is there a mod that deals with this , because I find it nerve grating that you can't even say something like you'll be back in 2-3 days or something, it's completely unreasonable that you just have to keep her forever or lose her forever.

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,061
    edited March 2023
    I remember someone else made a request for this in regard to Anomen, Viconia, and Aerie and I made this mod which extended the time you could be away to a month. I didn't touch Jaheira, as I didn't have an idea what to do at the time, but now I do.

It's not in my github, but I'll share an updated zip version here with the following changes:
    -Anomen, Viconia, and Aerie can now be away for 50 days instead of a month. If they're away for longer than that, love has probably naturally faded, so it's on you.
    -A lot of dialogues that would break the romance with Jaheira no longer do.
    -There are two that still do. One is in a very appropriate situation. If you remove her from the party during this, it's on you.
    -The other now has a branch option where she stays romanced and leaves the party, remaining in the spot where she is dismissed. As long as you pick this option, she stays. Else she is gone forever. It is the "It is only for a while" dialogue choice that keeps her romanced.
    -The recruitment dialogue for her with this branch should work, it checks romance triggers and makes sure she was kicked out and not during a specific quest scenario. It shouldn't break anything but is untested since this is for a very specific person: you. Let me know if it works!
  • DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 112
    Hey @Skitia thanks , thanks a lot.

Just wandering will this mod still work if I'm not romancing Jaheira?

At the moment I'm not romancing her but I've progressed the Harper Hold quest, we've killed Galavary and fought Harpers, which is what's causing her to say that if I kick her she'll leave forever.
    The third option is still there, yes. I didn't give it any requirements.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    May we get his mod on GitHub as well?

Thankee!
    Sure, I guess I'll go make it an official mod and post about it in BGII:EE Mods
  • DraikenWeAreDraikenWeAre Member Posts: 112
    @Skitia Took me a while to get to modding my game , but thanks , this is exactly what I was looking , worka perfectly and makes Jaheira far less frustrating q companion.