Skip to content

Orrick's Tower: Making all items available

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
Hello! I'm quite tired of running into the bug where Orrick's shop doesn't properly update his stock. It happens about every other playthrough and it doesn't appear Beamdog is interested in fixing it as the bug has been there since release and there's still no fix in sight.

That said, I want to make an override using NI that just makes his entire stock available from the start. However, NI shows 4 different stores for him: KUORK#.STO where # is a value between 0-3.

I am concerned doing this wrong may mean coming back to an empty shop or something similar. Does anyone know the proper way I should do this? Do I need to make 4 identical stores with all the items? That doesn't seem right.

Any help is appreciated. I am tagging @argent77 since they know so much about using NI. :)

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited May 2023
    Orrick uses only KUORK0.STO. The store is dynamically upgraded by script, twice (in AR2100.BCS), when you reach certain chapter stages. The scripting should be rather foolproof. But mods could prevent the store-related scripts from firing by careless scripting. That may not be immediately noticeable in the game since the only blocks following the store scripts are some journal updates and a trigger for a situational soundtrack.

The attached file contains the fully upgraded version of the store. It will only be visible if you never visited Orrick's store or haven't triggered the store upgrade yet, however. Otherwise, open BALDUR.SAV of your saved game and remove KUORK0.STO from the resource list with NI.

Edit: It's a good idea to disable the scripted store updates as well, unless you don't mind having duplicate items in the store. Open AR2100.BCS in NI and perform a search for "UNIORRIK". It should list two Global() triggers. Add "False()" to the two trigger blocks to disable them.
    Post edited by argent77 on
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    argent77 wrote: »
    Orrick uses only KUORK0.STO. The store is dynamically upgraded by script, twice (in AR2100.BCS), when you reach certain chapter stages. The scripting should be rather foolproof. But mods could prevent the store-related scripts from firing by careless scripting. That may not be immediately noticeable in the game since the only blocks following the store scripts are some journal updates and a trigger for a situational soundtrack.

The attached file contains the fully upgraded version of the store. It will only be visible if you never visited Orrick's store or haven't triggered the store upgrade yet, however. Otherwise, open BALDUR.SAV of your saved game and remove KUORK0.STO from the resource list with NI.

Edit: It's a good idea to disable the scripted store updates as well, unless you don't mind having duplicate items in the store. Open AR2100.BCS in NI and perform a search for "UNIORRIK". It should list two Global() triggers. Add "False()" to the two trigger blocks to disable them.

@argent77 thank you for responding!

I found what you mentioned in AR2100.BCS, but forgive me I am unsure where to put "false". I have included a screenshot of what I see.

Can you show me where to put "false"? Also is it in parentheses, quotations? I am very new to the scripting stuff.

IF
    Global("UNIORRIK","AR2100",0) // Kuldahar
    GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",1)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetInterrupt(FALSE)
    SetGlobal("UNIORRIK","AR2100",1) // Kuldahar

5cs7w2aw7cn6.png
    edited May 2023
    You're already on the right track. Add False() (without quotes) somewhere between IF and THEN. Do the same for the second store-related block.

Screenshot:
    qecv73z7lhn1.png
    edited May 2023
    argent77 wrote: »
    You're already on the right track. Add False() (without quotes) somewhere between IF and THEN. Do the same for the second store-related block.

@argent77 is the below correct?

6lxe291wlga6.png

Yes.
    For anyone who finds this thread later and wants this mod with no fuss, just download the attached zip and drop the files into your override folder. Enjoy!