Skip to content

Unable to import save game or character to bg2 ee from Siege of Dragonspear

sahinshasahinsha Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I recently finished a new play through of BG1ee and then Siege of Dragonspear (my first time playing that one) and now when I try to import either the save game or character into BG2EE it just gets stuck in a loop and doesn’t let me import either way. Is there something I have to do with the save files from Siege of Dragonspear? I can see the save files from Siege of Dragonspear and BG1EE and select one, but when I click import it just asks (again) character or save game and then shows the save files again. Never goes any further.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Importation to the main BG2EE campaign is always on the character level; you can import from a save, but you're choosing a character from it rather than importing the whole save file. Select a BGEE save (whether in SoD or not), hit "Load", and that should take you to a screen listing the characters you can import (usually, only those that you created) so that you can select one.
    The headers on both the list of saves and the list of characters within a save say "Import", but those are inert labels rather than actual buttons.
    Where, exactly, is this process failing?

The option to "import a character" is a slightly different process; you have to explicitly export to a character file from within the game, rather than just working with the saves you made normally. And then, if you're importing across games, you'll have to move the CHR file you create this way.
  • sahinshasahinsha Member Posts: 3
    Here’s a video of what it does (if it comes through)
  • sahinshasahinsha Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2023
    Jmerry, thanks for trying to help! I’m officially an idiot. I’m embarrassed to say I was just missing an obvious step and I got it to work finally. Again, I appreciate the help.