Skip to content

Help: Movement speed mod with lower than 50% +

ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
edited August 2023 in BG:EE Mods
Hi,

While I appreciate the mods allowing for faster out of combat speed, I find it annoying how the lowest increased value in Tweak Mod is 50%. It is simply too fast for immersion (to me that is). Is there a mod or a way to set that out of combat speed bonus to something less extreme, say 10-25%?
Post edited by Thalamond on

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    There is no such option available. However, it is not very difficult to adjust the installation script of Tweaks Anthology to your needs.

If you just want to customize the "Increased Movement Speed Outside Combat" rate then you can do so with the following steps:
    1. Open the file "cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2" in a text editor of your choice (not MS Word or other word processors!).
    2. Search for the keyword "A7_INSTALL_AUTOHASTE" (without quotes).
    3. The first match should be found for the component to increase movement speed by 50 percent. You can adjust the speed to your needs by setting the "speed_percent" parameter found four lines below to the value 100 + <your desired speed boost>. For example, to increase speed by only 20 percent then change the value 150 to 120.
    4. Save the script file and close the text editor.
    5. Install the mod with the component to increase movement speed by 50 percent. The actual speed bonus should be the value you have assigned previously.
  • ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
    Hi,
    thank you so much for the kind and detailed answer :blush: