Skip to content

Basic NPC importing from BG1 and SOD

Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
Hi. I would like to use console CreateCreature command to import some NPCs that don't have content, Eldoth from BG1 and Voghiln from SOD for example. I don't need any special conversations or content, just a lifeless NPC with its voices/sounds, texts and picture working is enough for me.

I don't see creature files for these in BG2, and I'm not a modder. Could someone be able to guide me on which files I need to carry over from BG1 to make this work?

Thanks

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    I don't have Voghiln's voice ready yet, but if you're fine with a "lifeless" NPC, I'd moreso just install my NPC voicepack, the Infinity Collection Portrait Pack, recreate the NPCs you want as PCs, export them out from your savegame and then use argent77's NPC Generator to convert your exported PCs to NPCs.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    This sounds exactly as what I want, in addition to being something I can actually do. I hadn't heard about any of these mods before, even though I follow these forums and G3 forums nearly every day. Thank you so much.

Based on what you said, can I assume that you're planning to add Voghiln's voice to your mod in the near future too?
  • GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    "Near". I'll have some overdue vacation in the first half of September, I'll see what comes out of it.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    :D Awesome, thanks again