Skip to content

EET Tweaks and Companion Portraits

ga_jga_j Member Posts: 24
edited October 2023 in BGII:EE Mods
So I've been using custom portraits all throughout BG1EE and SOD but when I got to BG2EE the original companion portraits came back. I can't seem to locate the .bmp files for these portraits anywhere to override them. I understand EET Tweaks has some kind of consistent portrait component but when I looked into running the setup I wasn't able to change the portraits to anything other than the BG2EE versions. I also can't seem to change the portraits via EE Keeper. Help?

Comments

• GraionDilachGraionDilach Member Posts: 581
    edited October 2023
    EE Keeper shouldn't be used, it has a high chance of breaking EEEx features in savegames.

The EET Tweaks consistent portrait component won't help you, EET only updates the returning companions during transition scenes.

For the portraits, just create an override folder within the game's savegame folder (for example, My Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy/override) and then add your custom portraits using the vanilla filenames into the folder.

You can even create the folder into a separate location and then symlink it into all of your My Documents/Baldur''s Gate... subfolders to ensure you only need to update this once. Haaving this override in the savegame folder ensures that your changes remain even after reinstalls and the like. You can also change mod NPC portraits as well through this.

Do not use this folder for anything else, though, especially not to contain files which might affect actual mod behaviour.
  • ga_jga_j Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2023
    Hmm, so I followed your directions but still have the same old BG2 Imoen portrait?

I placed the updated portraits in "D:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy\override"

**Update** - I believe my issue was the naming of the portrait - believe for BG2EE it has to start with an N? so I added NIMOENL.bmp and NIMOENM.bmp and now it's working!