Skip to content

How do I mod extra party joinable NPCs into the game?

MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
I've seen a lot of mods for BG which add extra NPCs to the game. I really want to make my own NPC mods but without any banter at first, just placing my own character ideas into the single player world so I can play with them without having to play a multiplayer game.

Is this easy to do or difficult? Say if I want to simply add a new NPC to the first area where you also get monty and xzar, how would I go about doing this?

Comments

• MojoMojo Member Posts: 10
    If you only want to play single player with a custom group you can do this easily without modding. First start a regular multilayer game and add you custom characters. Add however many you want, entire team or just one or two, its up to you. (rhyme was unintentional, lol) Start the game and go through the first cut scene. As soon as you have control over your characters save the game normally (not just quick save), then exit BG. Finally navigate to you BG install directory and go into the "mpsave" folder. Open the folder with the name of your save game and you should have a folder named "000000003 - name" (the number can be different and the "name" will be what you named you save) copy the "000000003 - name" folder to your "save" folder in you BG folder. Now you can load up the save file in SP, have fun. Note that your custom characters will have no AI SCRIPT assigned. You can assign an AI Script by going to the Character Record Page, selecting - CUSTOMIZE, selecting - SCRIPT, and picking the AI script you want to use. Hope this helps.
    Mungrisepotter
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Thanks, I didnt know how to all that beyong playing a custom multiplayer group, but I actually want to mod my own new NPCs into the single player game, ones you encounter while playing the game and add you your party. Are there any guides on how to do this.
  • MojoMojo Member Posts: 10
    Mungri said:

Thanks, I didnt know how to all that beyong playing a custom multiplayer group, but I actually want to mod my own new NPCs into the single player game, ones you encounter while playing the game and add you your party. Are there any guides on how to do this.

Sure are. Creating an NPC mod will of course be a little more complicated to do then the method I explained above. But to get started I recommend either reading this tutorial here: http://www.katbella.com/npcguide/1_1.html or poke around this index and see if you find anything useful.http://www.shsforums.net/topic/36781-comprehensive-ie-modding-tutorial-index/
    MikeMasters