Skip to content

You know you play Baldur's Gate too much when..

Comments

• MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    ...you dont get laid.....
    Now I know I play BG too much!
    aXidalniklasskyline818
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    niklasskyline818Aristillius
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    @pkloop lol, I would be really disturbed if I heard a booming man's voice ring out in my bedroom where my wife sleeps stating: "YOU CANNOT REST HERE, EITHER FIND AN INN OR REST OUTSIDE!"
    TzarlaxlOpaleniklasskyline818
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2012
    "YOU CANNOT REST HERE, EITHER FIND AN INN OR REST OUTSIDE!"
    That's what she said.
    Fafhrd
    What's that?
    niklas
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    ...When you are starring down at a history final worth 40% of your grade, and one of the things that pops into your mind is "I really wish I hadn't picked dispel magic for my sorcerer, I should have gone with remove magic"
    This.
    Prime example of why I was a lousy student. The combination of Arcanum, Fallout and Baldur's Gate completely ruined my finals.

niklas
  • MajocaMajoca Member Posts: 263
    when you hurt yourself badly and say "mommmyyyy! I don't feel so gooood!"
    niklasZaccaro
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I think this already got explained above in the thread, but to the person who asked "what's fafhrd", it's the password to the thieves' guild in Baldur's Gate City.

And I guess if I know that, it means I play BG too much. LOL.
    niklasZaccaroskyline818
  • CadrosCadros Member Posts: 253
    When you have been humming the friendly arm inn music in your head for ages.... and it will not stop!
    niklas
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    When you're resting in dungeon and see animation sequence including tent and campfire.
    When you're resting exactly 8 hours.
    When you're wondering, why you can't pause the world.
    Opaleniklas
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    When you're wondering, why you can't pause the world.
    Been there and done that way more times than it is healthy.
    niklas
  • leRenardruseleRenardruse Member Posts: 18
    ... when you try to hide into the shadows for 25 minutes ...
    niklasGemHoundIllustair
    edited July 2012
    @Ward
    Fafdrd is the secret word to enter into the thieve's guild ;-)
    niklas
    @Ward @leRenardruse Fafhrd is also the name of a barbarian in the fantasy books of Fritz Lieber: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fafhrd_and_the_Gray_Mouser
    niklas
    @Winthal Oh it maybe explain the password... Do you know if there is a French version of these books ?
    niklas
    @leRenardruse not a clue, I haven't read them myself :) if you find a french copy and read it, let me know if its any good :P
    niklas

...When you ALWAYS keep your +3 two-handed sword in your hands. You walk with it. You eat with it. You sleep with it. You do your laundry with it. You keep it when you're home. When you're shopping. When you're in a tavern. When your girlfriend talks to you about her feelings. When your father invites you to an unexpected trip. When (especially when) you walk through a forest at night. Just as if it is glued to your hands. And it feels completely natural.
    And you don´t take off your armor, not even while sleeping.
    La_Voixniklas
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    When I say to my boss "It will be done with skill and care, if not brevity." :)
    niklasSmaugZaccaroskyline818
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    When I say to my boss "It will be done with skill and care, if not brevity." :)
    Haha or "Let's do this, quick and painful" "Time for a bit of rough and tumble!"
    niklasZaccaroskyline818
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    It gets even worse when you say to your boss "I feel so sensual" in a seductive tone... or "Male, fetch me something to eat!" in an imperative tone.
    niklasSmaugZaccaroskyline818
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    When you're female and you're answering your boss "Ready an willin'!"
    niklasZaccaroskyline818
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @pkloop

Icedale, aw, that's so cute bro. I would be proud too.

For bonus points, make sure if she recognises the final boss fight music from the original first game.
    niklas
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    When you talk to someone in real life and is mentally looking for the pause button to consider your course of action
    niklas
    When you talk to someone in real life and is mentally looking for the pause button to consider your course of action
    That´s the better scenario. But how many times BG player tried the most ridiculous reaction in conversation, knowing that he can reload.

When you in real life walk into your chief´s office, he looks at you curiously, asking "What do you need?" when you react with something like "I´m going to take all your money from your corpse!"

Or you walk into random house and after the owner asks who you are and what do you want, you react like "I´m just going to help myself to your belongings."

And how do you find out, if the police officer who will come to that random house after owner calls him plays BG too? When he walks in a shouts "I seerve the Flaming Fist!"
    niklasskyline818
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well, it's a problem when you lose something and start to chant "Scio Didici Pecto" in an attempt to find the lost object :).

niklasKate_wiseZyklonM
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    when you say to your guests "welcome to my humble establishment "
    niklasskyline818diggerb