Skip to content

Release date!

TzarlaxlTzarlaxl Member Posts: 2
OK,all this are great!Can u say a close up date??So i can arrange the summer holidays from work???
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Welcome to the forums Tzar!

There is no exact date now, but it will be in the next few months. I assume September-ee-ish.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Judging from Trent's tweets, I wouldn't expect anything before mid-September.
    Jairyanna
  • TzarlaxlTzarlaxl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot mates
    Phhh take to long...i thought somewhere around July or August..
    Kaida
  • SpecialryanSpecialryan Member Posts: 0
    edited July 2012
    Just curious as to when the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition will be coming out. I have read the Summer of 2012 is when it comes out everywhere but no update as to when it will be coming out either this summer or if its not coming till early fall or something.
  • DomnDomn Member Posts: 11
    2012?
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    On twitter @TrentOster said it is still estimated to be released by the end of summer (September 22). If I were to guess I'd say it wont be out much earlier than that, so probably count on mid to late September, but no way to know for sure.
    Thomas_Malcum_Thiefdarkside
  • SpiteSpite Member Posts: 18
    I have two weeks saved from my summer holiday. Will come in handy at the release!
  • Bastion72Bastion72 Member Posts: 60
    I prefer to wait more rather than recieving casual unfinished game (like Diablo 3).
    DeltaslayerElandir
  • MuscabMuscab Member Posts: 14
    They're no official release date yet. So, it's anyone guess at the moment.
    darkside
  • MuscabMuscab Member Posts: 14
    edited July 2012
    There're no official release date yet. But the close up date should be around September based on Trent's tweets.

Edit: Someone should close this thread already.
  • lordcarsteinlordcarstein Member Posts: 8
    I prefer to wait more rather than recieving casual unfinished game (like Diablo 3).
    I have seen many unfinished games that were far worse than D3. You should have given a better example :)
  • Bastion72Bastion72 Member Posts: 60
    @lordcarstein true,but i was so dissapointed of diablo 3 that i couldn't hide it
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    This morning @TrentOster said

And that's all we really know.
    Bastion72OpaleSvendryn
  • RhiannonivyRhiannonivy Member Posts: 1
    So very excited! I cannot wait
  • William_ImmWilliam_Imm Member Posts: 72
    No - there is absolutely no such thing as Ehanced edition.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I have seen many unfinished games that were far worse than D3. You should have given a better example :)
    Knights of the Old Republic II?

Naevio
  • greedogreedo Member Posts: 3
    Agree, the original was awesome, so many fond memories- really looking forward to the updated multiplayer options etc
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    Just posted from Twitter:

#bgee will launch in 2012, before summer ends! #BG2EE will ship in 2013. We're committed!
  • TrebrTrebr Member Posts: 6
    Can Not Wait! wooo!
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    I'm wondering that there is so little information available on popular gaming sites. I also wonder why the only news we see on the main site is that they are hired people - two months before "the end of summer; isn't that a little bit late? Shouln't the game be already "near-finished"? Don't want to be rude, but I think "end of summer" is not achieveable.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    I'm wondering that there is so little information available on popular gaming sites. I also wonder why the only news we see on the main site is that they are hired people - two months before "the end of summer; isn't that a little bit late? Shouln't the game be already "near-finished"? Don't want to be rude, but I think "end of summer" is not achieveable.
    @Beastman

11 Jul Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    We've had some approval hiccups which have stalled our updates. As well, we've been focusing on work and enhancing

10 Jul Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    We're hoping to pick up the news frequency soon.

As you might understand, they are not allowed to post news at the moment, they got approval to open this forum to the public just this week, although it exists for over a month, patience...
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    As you might understand, they are not allowed to post news at the moment, they got approval to open this forum to the public just this week, although it exists for over a month, patience...
    Thanks for head's up :-)

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    No - there is absolutely no such thing as Ehanced edition.
    What!?
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage spelling error
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Damn i cant wait. Go for the eyes Boo,go for the eyes!
    YAAARGH!

• Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    Ye, I'd like to know, too. Because I want to play Baldurs Gate again, but I don't want to start a game and BGEE getting released just when I finish my playthrough etc.
  • ioannismanioannisman Member Posts: 43
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

‪#bgee‬ will launch in 2012, before summer ends! ‪#BG2EE‬ will ship in 2013. We're committed!
    Bastion72
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    September.

Welcome to the forums man!
    Fargorn1