Skip to content

What do you think of the name 'Enhanced edition'?

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
Does it send the right message? Do you think it is the most attractive name they could have gone with?

Here are a few others I can think of:

Baldur's Gate: Ultimate Edition
Baldur's Gate: Remastered
Baldur's Gate: 2012 Edition
Maybe you can think of others...

When I first saw the title 'enhanced edition' I thought it sounded a bit modest and lacking in impact; it connotes 'touching up' rather than 'stripping down and rebuilding'. Maybe that is intentional: they don't want to give people the impression that this is a complete remake or that it's going to be more than what it is.

What do you think?

Comments

• ElysElys Member Posts: 100
    I think it sounds appropriate.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    @caruga I don't care about the name, since all the names you mentioned imply the same thing. They picked this one up and thats it.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Personally I've always thought it would be awesome if an "anniversary edition" was released, but admittedly the enhanced edition is fixing just about everything I thought would be in need of fixing, so I'm not complaining.
    "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" -William Shakespeare
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    personally i would have preferred baldur's gate - Perfect Edition - of course if a perfect state can be reached :D

But well, Enhanced Editon is ok anyway
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Since CD Projekt has done the same thing with The Witcher 1 and 2, people are already familiar with the wording, I think it'll help them know immediately what this new edition is about.
  • DomnDomn Member Posts: 11
    not bad...
  • SilvonSilvon Member Posts: 2
    I like it. It's at least as good as anything else and it tells me exactly what I need to know about what they're doing.
  • MuscabMuscab Member Posts: 14
    I think that current name of "Enhanced Edition" is better than the rest. I mean, they doesn't make this remastered version without thinking of a proper name for it. The fact that the tittle is "Enhanced Edition" is enough to show us that this game is made under a great improvement.
    sepotter
  • IranicusIranicus Member Posts: 10
    Enhanced Edition sounds very appropriate, since its essentially whats being produced with updated components etc and it isn't date tied like the "2012 Edition" name which isn't really something the average player wants to know. One I thought of, which is Gold Edition or Game of the Year Edition like what was done with the old Morrowind games and the expansions :o