Skip to content

It sounds awesome but...

IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
Hey Developing team :)

Perhaps some thread like that already is existing, but i still try to clear my thoughts after finally have learned about the possibility of a revisited version of BG 1 and 2 - So.. Here my view of thinking :)

It is really amazing that after such a long time someone cares so much about our beloved RPG experience called Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 to try to make a complete enhanced re-release which goes clearly beyond simply modding the game!

But i hope you do KNOW that you have put a ton of weight on your shoulders :)

While i am more then enthusiastic about putting my hands on something improved and more awesome Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 Game Versions....

I really hope you know that if you can not make it to shine more awesome as the original already was - you will disappoint many fans and even could lose quite some money.

Even if i only played Baldur's Gate and TOB and lost interest in gaming shortly after i tried to start also with Baldur's Gate 1 - What i have experienced was and is still present until today in my mind.

Baldur's Gate is no simple game, its more like an interactive E-Book - Which is still not surpassed by any game which came afterwards and i am sure that the level of perfection BG had still has to find it's successor in the future if there ever will be one who will take away that special Place of the BG row.

So.. i try to put away all doubts and hoping for some amazing experience.

And for all of us, no matter if players and developement team i hope we will get something about what we will say also after many years that it too did shine... much brighter - even more as the Original Games already did.

So much to that, Good luck - And i REALLY REALLY do hope i will be one of the Future Buyers of BG and BG2 enhanced :)

See you :D

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

Baldur's Gate is no simple game, its more like an interactive E-Book - Which is still not surpassed by any game which came afterwards and i am sure that the level of perfection BG had still has to find it's successor in the future if there ever will be one who will take away that special Place of the BG row.

Interesting... I always claimed that BG is more Like a book than a game due to the HUGE amount of texts, and even in the game itself you have books you can read such as "History of the ___"

about the original game I dont think you have to worry, the enhanced wont change anything in the original game/story ( and they are not allowed to ), but they will add new encounter/quests, which TrentOster said will be in the spirit of the game.

and dont forget that some of the devs who work now on BG:EE worked also on the Original at the time...

• LokizarroLokizarro Member Posts: 6
    I'm just glad that it's a smaller, more unrenowned studio working on BG:EE, if that makes sense, I mean could you imagine if the rights were passed over to a big modern day developer? we'd be screwed, just look at what happened with Diablo 3...

Granted, they already have the masterpiece in their hands to add and enhance things, and considering that there are people working on it that worked on the original games to begin with, I have some confidence in it, time will tell.

Do my favourite game of all time justice!

• DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    Just as long as we're agreed there's no pressure.