Skip to content

IWD - Re-Import and Playthrough Again

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
So I'm approaching an end to IWD 1 (tho I still have some content to get through). I'm actually looking forward to reimporting my group back in and doing it again, this time getting different random loot, spell scrolls for my other mage, etc. Wanted to know if anyone has played a re-import and if they changed anything to make it more challenging? Maybe I'll sub certain characters out for a couple new ones or something... At any rate, at least it'll make more sense for a group of "new faces in town" to be at a tavern in Icewind Dale, considering we won't all be 1st level :P

I'm also thinking about not picking up any duplicate treasure just so it makes a bit more sense, but we'll see on that one.

Comments

• Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Play in Heart of Fury mode, it's designed for exactly what you're doing.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    Do you get different loot in HoF mode? What are the benefits?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    You get the same loot in HoF in IWD1 (you get better loot in IWD2). You do get more XP though.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    The enemies are much tougher and you get more XP.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    If you can hold out a few more days, a new version of IWD Unfinished Business is imminent, with a couple of new components.

(Speaking of which, anyone want to send one of the Italian translators my way? I've got three lines that are holding up the show...)
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    My memory is hazy, but I recall going through IWD again using a group that I had imported after beating the game once.

The Cleric assploded like half of the enemies in the game, but I think I wasn't playing in HoF mode.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    CamDawg said:

If you can hold out a few more days, a new version of IWD Unfinished Business is imminent, with a couple of new components.

Sweet!

• ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    I play Baldur's Gate with the same party all the time and have had five BG2 playthroughs and one in Tutu with the same party. I never did this in Icewind Dale though. Icewind Dale seemed to simplistic to me, without enough side quests to be really interesting.

I played through IWD1 one time, but both my characters reached the level cap significantly before I finished it. I didn't see a reason to play again because it was so linear that I didn't think it would be interesting enough to play over again in any circumstances, although if I did I would certainly use my old characters rather than create new ones.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    (Psst. IWD Unfinished Business v7 is out.)