Skip to content

[Description Error] "Strength" spell *Not an issue*

sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
edited November 2012 in Fixed
Current Behavior: Level 2 arcane spell "Strength" says the following-

"Application of this spell increases the Strength of the character to 18/50. The character receives any appropriate strength bonuses. If the character already has higher than 18/50 Strength, then this spell will actually lower the Strength of the recipient."

Expected Behavior: Spell description should read-

"Application of this spell increases the Strength of the character to 18/50. If the character already has an exceptional strength value, 50 is added to it. So, a warrior with 18/17 strength will then have 18/67. This bonus cannot go higher than 18/00. The character receives any appropriate strength bonuses. If the character has 19 or higher strength, then this spell will actually lower the Strength of the recipient."

------------

Adding this into the spell description more clearly defines how it works. I actually didn't know it worked this way til @Silence pointed it out to me, so great catch by him.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    The BG2 description already clears that up
    Strength (Alteration)
    Level: 2
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 1 turn/level
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Area of Effect: Target creature
    Saving Throw: None

Application of this spell increases the Strength of the character to 18 and then adds 50% bonus on top of this. The character receives any strength bonuses appropriate. For example, if a character has between 18/50 and 18/00 strength, then his strength will just be set to 18/00. If a character has a strength between 18/01 and 18/50, then his strength will become 18/50 +original percentage. If his strength is less then 18, then it will just become 18/50. However, this spell will actually lower a character's strength if it is already 19 or more.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Heeeeerp.

Thanks, Iansounet. This is what I get for not checking both games.
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Tanthalas Another for the fixed/nonissue box