Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Missing line between Ajantis & Dynaheir *no action*

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
edited November 2012 in Fixed
I hope this is a bug, I hate flooding you people with meaningless threads.

CURRENT BEHAVIOUR: Using EasyTutu, one of the interparty spoken lines of Ajantis "You are a most beautiful lady miss" to Dynaheir is met with no response.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR: Due to the fact that every other one of these one liner conversations get a reply, I wonder if this is a bug. No idea personally.

Better to be safe than missed I guess. :P

Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @cmorgan
    This isn't a priority, but do you know about this one?

• cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    edited September 2012
    @Bhryaen, I am not sure - these minor lines in BG1 (and the conversions->BG2) are controlled by http://iesdp.gibberlings3.net/files/2da/2da_tots/interact.htm

in the interact.2da, it maps what soundset entires play.

It *looks* like Ajantis uses "special", which calls for no response (down 7, over 4). But I would check with @Miloch, as he rocks on the whole "restore the BG soundset materials to BG2 .cres" thing.

@Ward - poke away, man. If it bugs you, someone else probably is bugged to. If it doesn't get picked up in one wave of fixes, the community or the BG:EE folks or both will be trying to get it as right as can be gotten. If we weren't all a little tightly wound about getting stuff right, none of us would be messing about with a 14 year old game!

Ward
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012
    @cmorgan I should of been more specific when I said 'ever other one'. Since I used the same party through the whole game, I never noticed anyone not replying to these lines, except for Ajantis and Dynaheir's one.

I've never had a real vanilla playthrough so how Dynaheir replies, if at all, I can't say. I thought it was best to let you all know, just in case there's some breakage. There might be a line Dynaheir didn't even say unmodded, that got pushed back through some fault. I always found it strange how she never replied, you'd think she would normally right?

I agree with Bhryaen, this isn't priority, but as long as there aren't a lot of things left to do then minor details like this may as well be checked out. It goes without saying we'll miss a few things, but there's not much chance we'll find them!

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Miloch Thanks a lot for clearing that up man! :)

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,733
    Will mark this as no action then.