Skip to content

Bulgarian translation...

DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
edited August 2012 in Archive (Volunteering)
Would it be possible?

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Djimmy

Possible? Yes. But I'd guess you'd need a lot of volunteers.

Translating a game as massive as BG1+TotSC+ the new BGEE content is no pic-nic.
  • svetlozaurussvetlozaurus Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Hello!
    I also volunteer for helping out with the Bulgarian translation. Together with DJimmy that makes 2 of us! :)

@Tanthalas, that's exactly what I wanted to ask: is there a minimum to the number of volunteers? Together with DJimmy, there's two of us now :) (and probably there are maybe more around the forum, whom I still do not know yet ;) So it's a a start!
    Also, I've been wondering if all other languages be released with the English release and if it would be possible to release Bulgarian at a later stage (say at the time of the a first/second? patch)? My specialty is actually Japanese, and I decided helping out the JP team with proofreading. So while browsing their page, I stumbled upon a discussion stating that the JP version will be out later on, probably after the first patch, so this got me thinking there's still hope for the Bulgarian version. What do you think, is it going to be possible?

I realize that a strong team of volunteers is needed, but I also believe that if there's a will, there's definitely a way!
    I'm doing translation, localization and testing professionally, so I feel I can definitely help out. Right now I'm looking for other fellow Bulgarian Baldur's Game fans who would be willing to help out.
    I hope it's not too late for me to have joined the discussion, and it's not too late to do anything about translating to Bulgarian.

Thanks in advance for the answers,
    Svetlozaurus
    Post edited by svetlozaurus on
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @svetlozaurus

I'm just a moderator and not part of Overhaul, but:

Is it possible to add Bulgarian as a supported language post-release? Yes, I definitely think its possible. But that's something that you'll have to approach CameronTofer with.

I think the best course of action is to send a personal message to CameronTofer showing your interest, just bear in mind that with the release fast approaching he might not be able to respond to you quickly.
  • svetlozaurussvetlozaurus Member Posts: 2
    @Tanthalas, Thank you very much for the swift answer! :)
    I'm going to do that right away!