Skip to content

quick question about chests and the such

ModernLifeModernLife Member Posts: 14
edited October 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
So I was watching a lets play of BG on youtube because I was bored during my lunch break today, and saw that the individual playing the game was doing something so that all chests or clickable(?) areas on the gamescreen were highlighted their blue color like when you mouse over them (be the person wasn't mousing over). Was this done using a mod or is there a button i was unaware of to do this?

Comments

• sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Was the person running BG2 or BGtutu? The Throne of Bhaal engine allowed you to highlight all lootable items in an area by holding the TAB key.
  • ModernLifeModernLife Member Posts: 14
    i think tutu, is easytutu the same as bgtutu? that is what i am running (easytutu).
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Yeah, then that's why. It's a BG2 thing so running any mod that puts BG1 in BG2 will make that show up.
  • ModernLifeModernLife Member Posts: 14
    Cool, thanks! That really confused me.
  • Fighting_FerretFighting_Ferret Member Posts: 229
    TotSC added that ability to Bg1 as well. Think its the Tab or maybe the left ALT key... Been playing too much IWD...
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    i believe TotSC didn't did that, cos BG II SoA only didn't had that also, this feature comes with ToB.
  • GloktaGlokta Member Posts: 97
    @Fighting_Ferret i belive it was the tab key, its been a while tho :)
  • DaywalkerDaywalker Member Posts: 37
    might aswell ask my questions about chests here :)
    i read somewhere in this forum that i can destroy locked doors to get through, does that apply to every door and can i use it on locked chests aswell? isnt lock picking useless then?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Forcing chests and doors is far from infallible, you need to be pushing 19+ STR to even come close to a mediocre lock-picker. Lockpicking is far more reliable.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    You also get Experience for picking a lock vs. smashing it. That said smashing a lock can work in a pinch. Potions that raise your strength are very helpful for this.
  • HowieHowie Member Posts: 136
    Beware, not all chests are friendly for looting :P
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Yeah~ I'm hoping for a Branwen Romance, err... =p