Skip to content

Just wanted you make you envy :)

darkmobsondarkmobson Member Posts: 28
This is the Baldur's Gate map drew by Volothamp Geddarm during his travels. I framed and hung it to my wall in honor of upcoming BGEE and just wanted to share it with you.

http://i49.tinypic.com/4rowfd.jpg

Comments

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    I had this map. On the other side there is map of the sword coast.
    Unfortunately gibberlings stole my map :(
  • darkmobsondarkmobson Member Posts: 28
    Kirkor said:

if i can find a good way to copy it, i can send you a copy of both sides. of course if you're living somewhere in europe. i can't afford shipping for usa i think :)

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Very nice! That would make a great reference tool that isn't digital (how strange of a concept!).
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012

Kirkor said:

if i can find a good way to copy it, i can send you a copy of both sides. of course if you're living somewhere in europe. i can't afford shipping for usa i think :)

That's kind of you :)
    But nah. It is possible to find the image on the internet and print it professionaly on nice piece of paper for few cents ;)

Highest quality 1st side:
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbbnm1oGM81r73anuo1_1280.jpg

Highest quality I've found of 2nd side:
    http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wallpaper/baldur_gate_map_high_resolution_desktop_2850x2100_hd-wallpaper-752802.jpg
    Post edited by Kirkor on
    Kirkor said:

Kirkor said:

That's kind of you :)
    But nah. It is possible to find the image on the internet and print it professionaly on nice piece of paper for few cents ;)
    obviously that's a much better solution :)
  • TuckerTucker Member Posts: 16
    I think im going to raid my attic and see if i can find my old map myself. Then frame it slap it on my wall and claim the idea was my own :)
    you never get nice things like this with games anymore unless you buy the collectors addition of things and get some poor quality busk or deck of cards. Not to mention the pdf manuals you cant read on the toilet without a tablet, that used to be tradition for me install game and head to the loo with the manual come out lighter with a sweat on and a better understanding of the game. Sigh good times good times :(
    lordkim said:
    strangely yours seems much colored than mine.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Fond memories of the maps, players cards, die, and miniatures from all the collectors edition games.
  • loganultimaloganultima Member Posts: 109
    wow i'd like one of those, impressive!
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    I have mine with my old 5 disc set. The discs however are barely readable from overuse!
  • CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2012
    I would really like to find a copy without the crease lines to have printed out. Maybe I'll find a way to print it out on some nice cloth and have my own cloth map.

Edit: I did find this high res version http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/wallpaper/baldur_gate_map_high_resolution_desktop_2850x2100_hd-wallpaper-752802.jpg
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73

Kirkor said:

Let me know if you can find a good way to copy it :) and if you do,we can arrange something then :p
  • MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    Oh my my....I had forgotten about this map....I need to go find mine....I HAVE A MIGHTY NEED!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Here you can get a 2850x2100 map of the city and a 2005x2598 map of the Sword Coast:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/BGMaps.zip
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I got one of them tucked away somewhere.
    I've also got a poster from Planescape torment of The nameless one, morte, annah, dakkon,vhailor and fall from grace.
    I think that is my favourite poster.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    But no Ignus or Modron :(
    edited November 2012
    IchigoRXC said:

But no Ignus or Modron :(

I think modron might actually be somewhere in the background too

edit : Or not
    Here's the poster. Not mine, just stolen from google:
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    edited November 2012
    Meh, my framed map is better than your framed map:

• MenthroMenthro Member Posts: 85
    Whelp, I need to find a local printing shop...looks like I have a need to have a few things postersized....
  • MarricMarric Member Posts: 53
    Just managed to dig my copy out of my closet. Love the idea, but mine has a number of tears/nasty creases in it. Hmmm, maybe I'll have to try to get a nicely done reprint or something...